Bosses and Pools.

Drown:(verb)

Die through submersion in and inhalation of water. "A motorist drowned when her car plunged off the edge of a quay."- synonyms: suffocate in water, inhale water, go to a watery grave.

-

Joe

I'm still alive.

At least that's something right?

I tap my fingers against the tinted SUV's window, while my eyes scan this unfamiliar street we're travelling down.

It turned out the man, my ex-boss said was my new boss, isn't my new boss at all and my old boss is an idiot and doesn't know shit. (which isn't confusing at all.) 

This man is just my driver to deliver me to my new boss.

"Nearly there, Ms."

I huff in annoyance, we've been driving for almost a bloody hour and I need to piss badly and I know longer feel my ass because this chair is so fucking uncomfortable! 

Seriously, what's it made from? Bricks?

"Ms can you please stop tapping the window?" I hadn't even noticed my fingers were hitting the glass a bit too hard. I roll my eyes at him and place my hands in my lap. "Thank you, Ms."

"Yeah whatever," The SUV begins to slow down and that's when I notice the white security fence at the end of the road. Two big gates prevent us from entering, "where are we?"

"Sh," He hushes me as his window rolls down.

A few seconds later we're greeted by a faint, "Yes?" 

"I've brought the girl, sir,"

The girl? Really?

"I have a name, you-"

"Sh!" The man holds his hand up like I'm so kind of child.

Fucking sh me one more time and I'll-

"Come in."

I fold my arms over my chest and the Suv begins to move again.

It isn't until we're through the gates and driving up this very long driveway, that I notice the huge house, I should say, mansion. 

"Wait, this is the Styles-"

"Get out my car." The man pulls up in a U-shaped drive with a water fountain in the middle. "Get out, please."

"Fuck you," I push the door open and flip my finger at him, "Rude asshole! I hope someone-"

"Ms Hemmings I assume." 

"Yes, and you better tell me-" As I spin around, I instantly shut my mouth although it feels like it's hanging on the ground. "You're the hottie from my work."

"If by hottie you mean Niall, then yes. Please follow me." The drop dead gorgeous blonde motions for me to follow him, which I do. "I'm grateful you got my invitation for this position." 

Using his own words I say, "If by invitation, you mean bribed then yes, I did get it." 

"I'm happy I chose you, he likes his girls with attitude and spirit." 

Following him down a small pathway leading to three steps onto a front porch, I reply with, "He? I thought you were my boss?"

"Well yes, but he's also my boss which makes him your boss." God, if he wasn't talking in riddles I'd say his Irish accent alone is enough to make any girl wet.