Shit hits the fan. (Pt, Two.)

masquerade:(noun)

a false show or pretence. "I doubt he could have kept up the masquerade for long"-synonyms: pretence, deception, pose, act, front, facade, disguise, dissimulation, cover-up, bluff, subterfuge, play-acting, make-believe; informal put-on "I doubt if he could have kept up the masquerade for much longer."

(verb) pretend to be someone one is not. "a journalist masquerading as a man in distress" -synonyms: pretend to be, pose as, pass oneself off as, impersonate, disguise oneself as, simulate, profess to be; rare personate. "a journalist masquerading as a man in distress."

-
One day later

Joe

I was sleeping peacefully until a muffled voice began to speak and I felt someone sit on my bed.

My eyes fluttered open to reveal my brother staring at me. His face wore a concerned expression, lips in a straight line and his brows furrowed but that soon changed when he saw me awake. His eyes widened as I softly spoke, "L-Luke?"

His blue eyes brightened yet he held a saddened look. "Sis!" He cried out, leaning down he engulfed me in his arms. "Fuck Joe, I was so bloody worried about you."

When he pulled away, his hands remained on my shoulders. "Where's Harry?" Was the first few words I spoke.

"Doesn't matter where he is, you need to forget about him cuz we have more important things." His voice is strong and I can tell he's angry by the tone of his voice. He stood up, hands leaving my shoulders as he brushed them through his hair. "I need to tell you something, you're not gonna like it."

"What it is?"

His eyes met mine until he turned his head and said, "Henry's back."

"W-what? how? Wasn't he in jail?"

"I don't know how! He's just back! He already tried to kill you, twice." Luke groaned, his hands forming fists. "First he poisons you then he tries to-ugh! I was powerless to stop him! And now Harry's gone and done this!" His eyes suddenly widened and mouth gaps open.

The mention of Harry's name has me sitting up and my eyes narrowing at Luke. "Harry? What's he done?"

"Joe-"

"No! Tell me!"

A loud sigh falls from Luke's lips. "He was seen leaving a restaurant last night, he wasn't alone. He had dinner with some redhead model and took her back to his place."

Regardless of the pain, I feel in my chest, I fight the urge to cry and just reply with, "Why would that bother me? Luke, Mr Styles and I shared one night together, a night neither of us remember. I'm not his girlfriend, nor do I plan on becoming it." To stop my lips trembling, I bring my bottom one between my teeth and squeeze my eyes closed.

But when I reopen them, Luke is already fucking staring at me. "Who are you trying to convince?"

"What?"

"Sounds to me like you like this fella, but-" He walks back to my bed and sits on the edge. "-look, sis, he doesn't deserve you not after the stunt he pulled last night."

"Would you stop being so overprotective!? I'm fine, Harry can go and screw as many girls he pleases and it still won't bother me! He might've taken my virginity and tattooed me, but that's it. I don't feel a fucking thing for him! And-"

I freeze when Luke uses the pad of his thumb to remove an escaped tear I hadn't even realised fell. "Joe, don't cry over this bastard."

"Can I be alone?" My question shocks him but Luke nods and leans down, leaving a kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry Luke."