Different Direction.

predicament:(noun)

a difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation. "the club's financial predicament" -synonyms: difficult situation, awkward situation, mess, difficulty, problematic situation, issue, plight, quandary, trouble, muddle, mare's nest, crisis; informal hole, fix, jam, sticky situation, pickle, scrape, bind, tight spot/corner, spot, corner, dilemma, hot/deep water, kettle of fish, how-do-you-do. "I really cannot understand how you could have allowed yourself to get into such a predicament"

-

Joe

Heat, I feel hot.

Why do I fucking feel like I'm in a sauna? 

My eyes peel open at the feeling of sweat seeping from parts of my body. I attempt to move, only to find a body half laying on me. 

Memories of the events from last night come swarming back to me like water pouring down a spillway.

I had slept with Harry. 

Do I regret it? Fuck no. Could you really blame me though? I mean the guy practically looks like an angel. Everything about him is so perfect.

If there's one thing I regret, it would be telling him I remembered the man who had attempted to kidnap me that night. I didn't thank him for last night, I didn't mention it at all but instead, I told him about that guy and afterwards I fell asleep. 

Harry's legs are entangled with mine, one arm draped over my waist while his chest is pressed against my back.

Somehow, and don't fucking ask me how I managed to escape his body but I did.

I climbed off the bed and attempted to stand up. But, an ache in my lower region from last night's activity, restricted me from standing and I almost fell over but strong arms came to rest around me.

"You alright?" Fuck, his morning voice.

I leant my head back onto his chest as his arms held me in place. "I'm fine, just a little sore but a good sore."

His lips landed on my exposed neck, he planted a few kisses over my skin before saying, "I suggest you get dressed before we have a replay of last night."

A nervous chuckle escaped my lips, "Alright."

-

Now fully dressed, in a shirt and jeans. I walked down the stairs and into the Kitchen to find a shirtless Harry boiling the kettle.

He turned on his heels and took me in, his eyes scanning my body. "Have I ever mentioned how beautiful you look?"

"No, I don't recall you have." My teeth came to land on my bottom lip, which I took between them. 

In three short strides, Harry stood before me. His arms wrapping around my waist as his forehead came into contact with my own, "Well then, you look beautiful Joe."

My cheeks heated up at his compliment. "I would say, you look handsome but that's an understatement."

"I'm sorry?"

Fuck, did I say that out loud?

"So, are we meeting up with Karren?" I quickly change the subject.

Harry replies to my subject change by saying, "Ugh, yeah. She's actually dropping by shortly."

"Oh," 

His lips skim across my right ear and his hands run along the curves of my sides. "But first I wanted to talk to you," Oh god, here it comes. "Bout last night."