The One Who Waited.

Equanimity:(noun)

Calmness and composure, especially in a difficult situation. "she accepted both the good and the bad with equanimity." -synonyms: composure, calmness, calm, level-headedness, self-possession, self-control, even-temperedness, coolness, cool-headedness, presence of mind; serenity, placidity, tranquillity, phlegm, impassivity, imperturbability, un-excitability, equilibrium; poise, self-assurance, assurance, self-confidence, aplomb, sangfroid, nerve; informal cool, unflappability; rare ataraxy. "she was able to confront the daily crises with equanimity."

-

Harry

Have you ever been asleep and all you hear is the constant annoying beeping sound?

Well, that's what's happening to me right now.

I just want to sleep, but this noise is pissing me the hell off.

"Fucking hell, Styles, open your goddamn eyes up." 

"No, go away." I keep my eyes closed. "Leave me alone Niall." I manage to pry one eye open, but I instantly regret it. Niall's face has bruise's and cuts, one of his arms is in a sling. "Wait-what-" Then everything comes flooding back into my mind. "Where's Joe?"

His eyes never leave mine, I can tell just by how his lips form a straight line and a crease forms between his brows. "Harry-"

"Where is she!?" The beeping beside me rapidly increases causing me to snap my head to that direction. It's a heart monitor, and I'm hooked up to it. "Niall! God damn it! Where the hell-"

"They don't know," Niall sighs running his uninjured arm through his hair. "I'm sorry Hazz, Karren was killed in the explosion, I was knocked out and when I came to, Joe was gone." 

"W-what?" A gasp, my heart aching at his words. "She's gone? Is she d-de-"

"No, no, Harry she's not dead... But, her Uncle has her." 

"Fuck!" I rip the wires off me and pull the IV out of my wrist. "I've got to find her Niall." And I will.

"Harry what are you doing?" Niall makes his way over to me as I sit up on the bed, only to be bombarded by an ache in my head. Black dots invade my vision. "Hazz, stop, or you're going to-"

"Please, Niall you've gotta help me find her." My voice is strained and I sound weak.

Niall sighs. "Before the explosion, Karren said she knew where Henry and more so, Zayn are." 

"Where?"

"The docks, there's a closed down car yard." He helps me out of the bed and aids me with standing up. "You like this girl, don't you?" I nod my head. "I can tell." 

"Come on, we've got to rescue her. There's no telling what Zayn'll do since Henry has his sisters." As Niall and I slowly walk towards the door, two nurses come running in.

Hold on Joe, I'm coming for you.

-