Protection and Feelings.

coincidence:(noun)

A remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection. "it was a coincidence that she was wearing a jersey like Laura's." -synonyms: accident, chance, serendipity, fate, a twist of fate, destiny, fortuity, fortune, providence, freak, hazard; a piece of good fortune, (a bit of) luck, (a bit of) good luck, a fluke, a happy chance; happenstance. "the resemblances are too close to be mere coincidence."

Joe

Harry's body suddenly tenses around my own. I didn't need to tell him I was hurt or that his attempt at protecting me; failed. 

A shaky breath exhaled from my mouth, and my eyes squeezing shut because of the stabbing pain in my right thigh.

"What the fuck!?" Luke's voice fills the air, breaking the silence that had engulfed us. But I didn't open my eyes. I felt Harry's body shift against me, gripping my waist as Luke spoke once more. "There's a guy down there." 

"I see them too. Hey! You! Bastard! Come and face me ya stupid brat!" Mum's voice boomed throughout the room; almost deafening us. "Fucking kid." She spat, this was one of the few times my mother ever swore. Being a Christian and all, she's against swearing, or so I thought. 

I tried to move my legs but pain shot through my right one. "H-Harry," 

"Holy shit, Joe. You're bleeding." Luke stated the obvious. 

My eyes fluttered open and directed their line of vision to my right thigh. Sticking out the side of my pants is a shard of glass. "No shit, sherlock," I grumbled at him.

When my hands went to touch the shard, Harry stopped me by quickly letting go of my waist with one hand and grabbing my hand, saying, "We need to get you to a hospita-"

"No fucking way," I shook my head, grabbing hold of him for support. "There's no way I'm going to a hospital, Harry."

"Joe, you're bleeding a lot." My mum said, walking over to us. "You need to-"

"I hate hospitals mum, I'm not fucking going."

"But-"

"NO!" I yelled back, gripping Harry's shirt with my hands. "I hate hospitals." I found myself repeating. 

One of Harry's hands remains on my waist, while the other one wraps around my back and he pulls me gently against him. "Alright, I'll take her to my Penthouse. My personal doctor lives two floors under it, so I'll just phone ahead."

"We'll meet you there." Mum sighed placing her hand on my shoulder. "You're a stubborn person, Joe. Just like your brother."

"Oi! Don't bring me into this." Luke huffed folding his arms while still glancing out the window that now has a hole in the middle and shards of glass scattered across the carpet. 

"Harry, I-I don't think I can w-walk," I said, hoping he would pick me up. 

Because, damn I'd fucking love to be seen in his arms as he walks out on the street. Can you blame me though? He's like a sex god. 

Just like I wanted, one of his arms shifts to under my knees and the other one is placed around upper back. But when he lifts me off the ground, a throbbing pain erupts from my thigh and travels down my leg causing me to hiss.

"Shit, I'm sorry babe," Harry kisses my forehead and adjusts me in his arms, I release another hiss of pain. "I'm going to walk slowly if I hurt you, I'm so sorry."

"It's fine Harry, I can handle it." I can't, but he doesn't have to know that. I force my head against the crook of his neck and wrap my arms around it.