One Thing.

undemonstrative:(adjective)

(of a person) not tending to express feelings, especially of affection, openly. "the English are an undemonstrative lot." -synonyms: unemotional, unaffectionate, impassive, dispassionate; self-contained, restrained, reserved, unresponsive, unmoved, unloving, unfriendly, unfeeling, passionless, wooden, uncommunicative, unforthcoming, sober, stiff, reticent, guarded, secretive, close, taciturn, aloof, distant, detached, remote, withdrawn; cool, cold, cold-blooded, chilly, frosty, frigid, glacial; informal stand-offish, offish. "my grandmother was an undemonstrative woman."

.

"I wish that I could take you to the stars, I'd never let you fall and break your heart. And if you wanna cry or fall apart, I'll be there to hold you."

Song: Through the Dark

Artist: One Direction

.

...Two days later...

Joe

Mum hasn't spoken to me since she told me about her cancer, and Luke's also been distant. It feels like my entire life is falling apart right in front of me, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. 

Harry's been spending time with his sister, mostly because he wants to find out the reason behind everything Henry has been doing. I also want to know, I mean your Uncle doesn't kill his twin brother then pretend to be him and move his family to the other side of the world. Yeah, he may have said Luke's his son, but there's got to be more than that.

I walk into the familiar Cafe, the place I used to work before the shit hit the fan. Taking a seat by a window, I couldn't help the groan leaving my throat as I place my elbows on the table and rest my head in my hands.

"Hi! Welcome to StarBright Cafe! I'm Billy and--Joe?" I lift my head up to meet her eyes, Billy's hair is redder (If possible), her beautiful tanned skin has a glossy look to it. 

"They gave you your job back?" I question as she takes a seat next to me. 

"Yeah!" Billy beams. "Boss even wanted you back, but I told him you have some things going on at the moment so it wasn't the best time for you to work."

I'm puzzled, completely fucking puzzled. My best friend wouldn't make that decision for me, the Billy I used to know wouldn't do that. I part my lips, staring at her, "W-what? Why would you say that?"

"I just thought--well, with everything that happened, I just thought you might not want to work," Obviously she could tell how angry I was becoming. "Joe, I was just looking out for you,"

"Looking out for me," I repeat, frowning. "Since when did you make decisions for me? You're not my fucking mum!" I yell and stand up from the table. "Maybe I wanted to work, maybe I wanted to get things off my mind. But no, you go and make decisions for me!"

"Joe, what the fuck's gotten into you?"

"Me? What's gotten into me?" I throw my hands in the air, anger boiling through me. "You goddamned disappeared Billy! Now, you're acting like everything's fine when it's fucking not!" 

"I-"

"You won't even tell me what happened back there Billy, my Uncle kept you a prisoner for weeks and you won't tell me anything."

Billy tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and straightens her apron. "I can't tell you even though I want to."

"What? Why not?"

She chews her bottom lip, "I just can't, so drop it!"

"Fine, you know what? Fuck you!" I spit pushing passed her. "Friends don't hide things from each other Billy,"

"Joe-" She grabs my wrist but I pull it from her grasp. "Joe, please-"

I shake my head and ignore the odd looks I'm getting from the customers. My feet carry me towards the door but it swings open and I collide with a hard chest, hands fall on my hips, steadying me. "Shit, I'm sorry,"

"It's cool," A husky voice replies causing my head to shoot up, I gasp upon seeing his jet black hair and hazel orbs burning into mine. "Hey, Joe."

I ignore him and make my way out of the cafe but I hear his footsteps following me, I stop and swiftly turn around. "What the hell do you want Zayn?"

"To talk to you," He says so casually, a smile forms on his lips.

"Excuse me?" I furrow my brows. "Why would I want to talk to you? After everything you've done?" I shrug him off and resume my walking.

Zayn doesn't seem to get the hint, he grips my wrist and pulls me in a narrow alleyway between two tall buildings. He pushes me against a brick wall, hard, the impact makes me wince as pain explodes in the back of my head. "I'm not here by choice," 

"Get off me!" I yell but it causes him to pin my hands by my sides as he traps me against his chest and the wall. 

"Listen here you bitch, I'm here to warn you." I lift my head to meet his gaze. "But, I'm seriously thinking of fucking you against this wall," He leans his forehead against mine, one of his hands travels to my sides and slides beneath my shirt. "However, although I'd love to hear you screaming my name as I plunge into you, I can't, at least, not yet."

"Then let go of me!" I spit in his face causing a deep rumble of laughter to erupt from his lips. "What's so funny?" I have to blink multiple times because my vision fades.

"You my dear, you're funny," He finally releases me and steps back, his eyes roaming my entire body. "I know my fingers pleased you, just think of what else I can-"

"Joe?" 

My head snaps to the sound of the voice, his ocean blue eyes look between Zayn and me. 

"Louis," I breathe out in relief. 

"Aye, what's going on here?" Louis questions and walks towards me. 

Zayn tenses up and glares at him, "None of your business Tomlinson,"

"Wait? you two know each other?" My question makes Zayn nod his head. 

"Harry won't like this," Louis says now standing between us, he looks over his shoulder at me and asks, "You okay love?"

I shake my head, "No, please get me away from him." The pain in the back of my head gets worse causing tears to prick up in my eyes.

"You think I care what Harry likes and doesn't like?" 

Louis turns his attention back to Zayn, "Listen here, Malik, you know I've been waiting for a reason to kick that ass of yours, and you know very well that I can beat you."

"Don't stick your nose into things that don't concern you, Louis." Zayn fires back and pushes at Louis's chest. "We both know that's bullshit, I can easily win against you."

"How about against us?" An Irish accent joins in.

My head snaps towards the entrance to the alleyway, my eyes instantly locking with the green one's belonging to Harry as Niall stands next to him. 

"This isn't over," Is all Zayn says before running away.

Louis turns to face me, "You alright?" He questions reaching out to me.

But before he can grab me, I feel my legs wobble and give out from under me. My body goes numb and my vision fades, I wait for the impact of the fall but it never comes and instead, arms I've come to love enclose around my body.

"It's okay Joe, you're safe, I have-" Harry's voice fades away along with my vision.

Darkness takes me.

.

A/N

I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I've been unwell.

Please vote, comment and share this book with your friends <3