To be Alone.

odd:(adjective)

different to what is usual or expected; strange. "the neighbours thought him very odd." -synonyms: strange, peculiar, weird, queer, funny, bizarre, eccentric, unusual, abnormal, idiosyncratic, unconventional, outlandish, offbeat, freakish, quirky, quaint, zany, off-centre; informal wacky, freaky, kooky, screwy, kinky, oddball, cranky; informal off the wall, wacko, bizarro; informal dilly. 

.

"Only half a blue sky, I'm kinda there - but not quite. I'm walking around with just one shoe, I'm half a heart without you,

Song - Half a Heart

Artist - One Direction

.

A/N

...You may need some tissues...

Joe

By the time Harry and I were fully dressed, I made it to his door and swiftly opened it revealing my mother and Luke on the other side.

"About time sis," Luke pushes passed me but stops behind me. "Whatever you do don't-"

Mum cuts him off by engulfing me in her arms. "I heard what happened I'm so sorry, Joe."

I pull away from her, "Mum it's fine, it wasn't your fault."

I lead my mum and brother into Harry's penthouse, and through the lounge room Harry had just fucked me in. 

"Why does it smell like sex in here?" Mum bluntly says turning to me.

Heat rises to my cheeks as Luke states, "Obviously they just had sex mum, we heard them, remember?"

"You didn't use protectio-" Before mum has a chance to finish, I grab her wrist and pull her into a spare room. "Woah, what-"

"Mum, what's with you?" I release her wrist and cross my arms, standing in front of her. "Ever since you found out Harry and I are sleeping together, you keep bringing up grandchildren. What happened to you? You used to believe in no sex before marriage."

"I-"

"I couldn't even talk about guys without you giving me the sex talk!" I continue to ramble. "And now, you're all for it. What's going on mum?"

Mum reaches her hand out to me but I take a step backwards and close the door, so no one comes in. "Joe, I've always wanted grandchildren-"

"That's fucking bullshit mum!" I yell, anger boiling inside of me. Who does she think she's kidding? "I don't believe you."

"Are you calling me a liar?" I don't reply because I guess I am. I mean, she was never for grandchildren before so- "Joe, I-I have cancer."

"Excuse me?" Did I hear her correctly? "Mum-"

"My doctor said I have a year left," 

No, no, no, no, no!

Her hand reaches out and holds my shoulder while her other one lands on my right cheek. "I've always wanted Grandchildren Joe, and now I'm not sure if I'll be around long enough to see one,"

"Where mum?" I'm fighting the urge to cry right now, mum just dropped a fucking bomb on me.

"It started in my left breast and spread, Joe it's everywhere," Mums eyes become glossy as she sits down on the bed behind her. "I didn't tell you because you lost your dad, and now you're going to lost me too. I've accepted my fate, Joe."

"Mum-"

"I'm so sorry for not telling you, Joe," She stands up and tries to comfort me but I push her away. The tears I've been trying to hold in, escape, and drip down my cheeks. "I'm sorry," Sighing, mum walks by me and out of the room, closing the door behind her. 

Unable to process what she had just fucking told me, I slide down the wall with my hand over my mouth and sobs shake through my body. 

My mum is dying, and I know she won't have any treatment because she doesn't believe in it. This is why she's been so pushy with Harry and I giving her a grandchild. Why, why, couldn't she have told me sooner. 

Did she know when Dad--I mean Uncle Henry moved us here? Why would she move if--she came here to die. Mum agreed to move half way across the world because she knew, even back then.

"Oh my god," I gasp, choking on my sobs. With my knees against my chest, I sit on the floor and cry. 

My mother knew and she kept it from me, even from Luke. 

My heart feels like it's going to explode. 

Tears, they keep falling, they won't stop. I lost my dad, now I'm going to lose my mother. She doesn't know about my tattoos if I tell her, she may not talk to me again. Mum can never know I have marked my skin, she can never find out or I'll lose her in more ways than one.

.

Harry

"You should really fire your maids," Luke smirks, arms crossed. "You left a little evidence on the window." He snickers and then chuckles. 

"Oh, right." I play dumb. Playing dumb is good yeah? 

Luke leans back on the sofa then suddenly stands up, "Please tell me you didn't shag my sister on this couch?"

This time I smirk, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

"That's gross man," He steps away from the sofa as his mum runs out one of my spare rooms. "Mum? What's wrong?" Her hands are covering her face, cheeks wet. "Where are you-"

"I'm sorry Mr Styles, I'm not feeling very well. Luke, please go talk to your sister." She says and leaves. 

Luke shakes his head, looks at me and then runs into the spare room. I follow him. 

The sight we both see in front of us, is well, heart-shattering. 

Joe's on the floor, back against the wall, knees to her chest and her cries echo throughout my ears. 

Luke knees in front of her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Joe, what happened?" He asks, but she doesn't respond. "Sis please, tell me-"

Lifting her head up, I almost choke on air. Joe's eyes are blood shocked, tears stain her beautiful cheeks, she looks so vulnerable. "H-Harry, hold me," She reaches her hands out to me.

I instantly grab them and pull her onto her feet, my arms hooking around her fragile frame, holding her close to me as she cries against my chest. 

"I'll give you some-"

I feel Joe shake her head, "Luke wait," She almost whispers before looking at him. "It's mum."

"Yeah, I kinda gathered that," Luke replies waiting for her to speak again.

But she says three devastating words, causing Luke to faint.

"Mum has Cancer." And then, Luke's eyes roll in the back of his head and he drops. "Luke!"

.

A/N

*Wipes eyes* I cried writing this chapter. I feel so horrible for Joe's family, after everything they've been through and now this. 

You know what? Can I just make it so Henry falls off a cliff and dies? I dunno bout Zayn though, he's too handsome for that death.