Thin Ice.

awareness:(noun)

plural noun: awarenesses. 

knowledge or perception of a situation or fact. "we need to raise public awareness of the issue." -synonyms: consciousness, recognition, realization, cognizance, perception, apprehension, understanding, grasp, appreciation; acknowledgement, knowledge; sensitivity to, sensibility to, insight into; familiarity with, acquaintance with. "a growing public awareness of the need to protect the environment." -antonyms: ignorance

.

"I see you around in all these empty faces. Up all night, all night and every day. I've been looking sad in all the nicest places. Give me something, oh, but you say nothing."

Song - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)

Artist - Taylor Swift/Zayn Malik

.

Joe

I was at Harry's fridge when I heard the doorbell buzz, signalling someone was at the door.

Obviously, Joe, why else would the fucking thing go off?

I rolled my eyes at my stupidity and since Harry was in the shower I figured I'd go answer it.

Using my crutches, I made my way to the front door. 

The bell buzzed again just as I twisted the knob, "I'm here! Can you fucking stop-" My words fizzled away as I swung the door open, revealing a man I hadn't seen for awhile. "W-what are you d-doing here?"

My hands gripped the crutches, I had this urge to smash them across his face.

"I need to talk to you," He simply said.

I went to slam the door but he caught it with his foot. "Go fuck yourself,"

"I'd prefer to fuck you," His hazel eyes widened upon realizing what he had just said. "M'sorry, I didn't mean to say that, it's just-" He ran a hand through his jet black hair. "I had to warn you bout your uncle."

"Warn me?" I must admit he got my attention with that one. "What about him?"

He took his bottom lip between his teeth and bit down on it. "I-I shouldn't be here," He turned away from me but I reached out and captured his wrist. "Joe-"

"Zayn, I should be pissed at you, I should want to kill you-" Oh how I do want to kill him, shhh, he doesn't have to know that. "-but I kinda understand the reasons behind your actions-"

"He has my sisters, h-he showed me pictures of them tied up in chains... I-I have to do what he asks, he'll kill them!" His voice cracked at the end, and his eyes became glossy. "My youngest sister is terrified, she's only eight..."

I swallowed a lump that had formed in my throat. "I'm sorry, Zayn, but it doesn't mean you have to do what he says, I mean, you could always go behind his back." 

"What are you implying?"

"I can help you free your sisters,"What the fuck did I just say? 

His eyes light up. "You'd do that?"

"No one deserves to be tortured," I gripped the handles of my crutches, what am I doing? "If you tell me what Henry has planned, I'll help." 

Zayn's hand dipped into his pocket and for a second I thought he was going to pull out a gun, but he didn't, and instead, he pulled out an envelope. "He gave me this, I was supposed to drop it off at the mailbox, I was never meant to actually speak to you."