Invisible Scars.

Scar:(noun)

plural noun:(scars)

a mark left on the skin or within body tissue where a wound, burn, or sore has not healed completely and fibrous connective tissue has developed. "a faint scar ran the length of his left cheek" -synonyms: cicatrix; mark, blemish, disfigurement, discoloration, defacement; pockmark, pock, pit; wound, lesion, burn; birthmark, naevus; stigmata. "a tall dark man with a scar on his left cheek."

-

"My weakness is, that I care too much. Our scars remind us that the past is real."  

Scars by Papa Roach

-

Joe

I don't think you understand the situation here. Joe, someone wants you dead, your dad has already been murdered. 

Her words are like knives that cut right through me. 

My dad died at the hands of his own flesh and blood, by my Uncle who then took my dad's identity. I lived with that man, and he moved us half way around the world but for what purpose? Why would he go to all of that trouble to move his brother's family? Not to mention, trying to kill Harry and kidnap me. 

Something just doesn't add up. 

The more I think about it, the more I just get fucking confused. 

"Joe?" His voice somewhat soothes the anger, hatred and pain I feel. My gaze shifts from the floor and to his olive ones. "Joe, I'll protect you."

"But who will protect you?" Slips out of my mouth. 

Our eyes lock as Harry reaches his hands out and takes my face in his grasp. "I don't need protecting."

"That's bloody bullshit," I bite back. "And you know it!" My voice comes out like a half yell-squeak. "My Uncle isn't stupid Harry, he fucking pretended to be my dad! Even my mum didn't know!" 

I fucking try to hold my emotions back, because I'm shit scared; literally shaking inside. But I fail and tears once again roll down my cheeks. "I don't want him to hurt you, I can't bare to see you hurt again." 

"He won't, I pro-"

"Stop promising things you can't keep!" Sobs rip through my body as all the emotions I've tried to bottle up, finally, surface and I become a sobbing mess. "Harry, I-I can't-" Lose you, I want to say but I can't find the words because I've never truly cared about a guy like this before. 

So, instead I continue my sentence, saying, "-bare the thought of you being hurt again, you don't know how much it pained me to see you hurt."

His thumb grazes over my cheek bone, removing tears that fell. "You trust me yeah?" I find myself leaning into his touch. 

"Yes," I reply, briefly closing my eyes. "Yes, Harry I trust you." I reopen my eyes when his thumb traces the outline of my lips.

"Then trust me when I tell you, nothing is going to happen to me and I will protect you, Joe." His thumb is removed from my lips and I whimper at the suddenly lost contact, but Harry's lips replace his thumb and mould so perfectly against mine.

A moan rumbles from my throat as my hands sling around his neck, pulling him closer to me. Harry's slips his tongue inside my mouth, deepening the kiss, while his hands grip my waist and pull my body on top of his lap. 

The kiss is intense and causes an unknown feeling to bubble up inside of me. I feel strange like there's something wiggling inside my stomach and I fucking feel so nervous. 

My hands reach up to his hair and tug on his roots. Harry groans against my lips taking my bottom one between his teeth and gently bites it.

We're forced to pull away due to the lack of oxygen both our lungs are getting. Our lips disconnecting with a plop.

Leaning forward, my head comes to rest against his bare chest which rises and falls with each strong breath he takes. Harry wraps his arms around my body; just holding me. 

For the first time in my life, I feel secure and safe. 

I can feel the steady beating of his heart and the rise of his chest with each breath Harry takes. His hands rub circles on my back, igniting electricity each time they touch me.

"Harry?" He hums causing his chest to vibrate beneath my head. "Harry, I trust you but Uncle Henry has scarred me. I don't know if those scars will heal and that scares me."

I haven't completely come with the term of my dad's death yet, I'm so fucking sure when I do, I'll be a wreck. There's a possibility my Uncle will take advantage of my families mourning and somehow fuck things up.

"Scars are there to remind us of our past, Joe. Sometimes they can be a positive thing, and other times, not so much." He mumbles against the top of my head before planting a kiss in my blonde hair. "All I know is this, I will always be here for you. Through the thick and thin, good and bad. I'm going to be the one to help those scars heal." 

My head shifts and leaves the comfort of his chest so that I can looking into his eyes, and when I do, I realise he speaks the truth. "You will?"

"Yes, love, I will." His eyes hold truth, orbs glinsing under the light hanging from his roof. "I'm your boyfriend aren't I?"

"Boyfriend," I repeat, liking the way it rolls off my tongue. "Yeah, I guess you are." 

"Then it's my job to always be there for you, and I will I pro-"

"Please, don't promise," I beg. "I don't like when people promise because promises were made to be broken." I tear my gaze from his captivating eyes and glance at the back of the sofa we're sitting on. 

Harry's fingers catch my chin and turn my head back to face him, "I can't say I won't break my promises but Joe, we're going to fix this mess."

My lips part and a single word that holds so much information, rolls off my tongue, "How?"

He looks me dead in my eyes, his olive orbs searching my blue ones. 

With his hand, he reaches up and tucks a loose strand of hair that had fallen down, behind my ear. Then, he says yet another word that holds more meaning than we both know, or realise. 

"Together." 

-

A/N: kinda like a little filler, so you guys can see how much they're beginning to care for each other.

I do apologise for misused grammar (I was never really good at it), so please ignore them. 

If you're reading this, then I'd personally like to thank you for your ongoing support! 

Even if you are a silent reader -- THANK YOU! <3 

Also, thank you to those who also have been reading some of my other books. I love you all <3