The will to Survive.

Ohhhhh double update! Again ignore errors...

.

Abide:(verb)

Accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation). "I said I would abide by their decision." -synonyms: comply with, obey, observe, follow, keep to, hold to, conform to, adhere to, stick to, stand by, act in accordance with, uphold, heed, pay attention to, agree to/with, consent to, accede to, accept, acquiesce in, go along with, acknowledge, respect, defer to. "he expected everybody to abide by the rules."

.

"And as you walk by me, I'm silently screaming to set me free.

Song - Outside of You

Artist - Hilary Duff

.

...Two Days Later...

Harry

I never left her side. 

I stayed with her even when the Ambulance arrived. 

I stayed with her when they said she wouldn't make it.

I stayed with her when she was in the operation room, I was in her heart as she was in mine. 

I stayed with her when the doctors told me they had done everything in their power to save her.

I stayed with her when they told me she was in a coma and there is a fifty percent chance she wouldn't wake up, and even if she does wake up she wouldn't be the girl I fell in love with.

I stayed with her for the first and second night at the hospital.

I stayed with her even when her heart failed and she officially died next to me.

I stayed with her as they brought life back to her body and told me she's fighting for her life.

And I stayed with her when they informed me she's been carrying my baby for two and half months, but because of the accident, there's a chance our child, our precious piece of heaven wouldn't make it.

.

"Harry, I know you're worried about Joe but you need to get some fresh air." Joe's mother placed flowers beside her daughters' bed. "It's been two days,"

"With all due respect Mrs Hemmings, I will not leave her side." I once again told her. 

She sighed taking a look at Joe. "Thank you, for being here for her."

Although the doctors wanted to tell Joe's mum about the pregnancy, I instructed them to keep it a secret. I know how much she wants a grandchild if she were to find out her daughter is pregnant but there's a high chance the baby won't live, it would break her. 

"You're welcome," I sat on the chair I had slept on for the last two nights. "I just wish she'd wake up, I miss her."

"We all do," Luke's voice sounded from the doorway, I didn't bother looking at him. "My sister is a fighter, Harry you should know that more than anyone."

"I know,"

"Then don't give up on her." I heard his footsteps as he approached the bed, finally, I took a glance at him. "She'll wake up, as long as she can hear your voice, she'll wake up."

Joe's mum's eyes suddenly became brighter, "Harry! Try talking to her,"

"W-what?"

"I saw it in a movie once, but it was the man in a coma. The girl spent hours talking to him, eventually he-"

"Mrs Hemmings this isn't a movie or a fanfiction," I ran my fingers through my hair and over my face. "Things like that don't happen in real life." 

"You won't know unless you don't try," She took Luke's hand and whispered something into his ear, he nodded his head and left the room. "I'll be back later." 

I watched as she left, closing the door behind her.

I turned my head to the girl I love.

An oxygen mask covered the lower part of her beautiful face, so many wires and tubes were attached to her broken body. Apart from having three fractured ribs, a broken leg and a head injury, she still looks beautiful as ever.

The accident was listed as a hit and run, the Police found the car but never found the woman responsible for hitting Joe. 

I had this horrible feeling that Henry was somehow involved. 

Reaching my hand out, I took hers in mine and intertwined our fingers. "Joe," I breathed out, gently squeezing her hand. "Joe, I don't know if you can hear me but I love you so much, you have to fight this, I-"

My eyes stung with tears, "-I love you, both of you. I remember when I walked into the Cafe, you looked so hot as a waiter and even hotter when you worked for me." Memories of her walking around my house swarmed my mind. "I remember when I fucked that girl and called you useless, it broke me when I saw how much I hurt you. When I found you outside the following morning, half frozen, I just wanted to wrap you in my arms and keep you safe."

A sob escaped my lips, I gently squeezed her hand again and brought it up to my lips and kissed her knuckles. "I promised you I'd find out what happened that night, why you have tattoos. I'll keep that promise, so when you get better we're going to discover what really happened that night." My eyes closed. "I promise I'll get to the bottom of it, just please don't leave me."

"I love you, Joe Hemmings, I love you so much. I don't know if I can live without you, I-" My speech is cut short by the sound of the heart monitor. 

I swallowed a lump in my throat watching the single line flashing across the small green. 

Nurses rushed into the room, I was pulled away from her. I lose contact with Joe's hand, it fell from my grip. 

"Mr Styles you have to leave," A nurse had her hands on my shoulders. "You have to leave," She repeated. 

I could barely see the nurses and doctors trying to bring her back, tears made my vision blurry. 

What made my hurt shatter into million of pieces was when one doctor, whom I recognised to be Calum, announced, "Time of Death, 10:15 am."

My knees buckled under me, I fell to the ground. "Joe!" I sobbed.

I lost her, I lost the girl who meant everything to me.

I lost my Territory, or so I thought.

Do you believe in miracles? Well, I didn't, but the second Calum gasped and said, "Wait," I looked up, his back facing me and blocked my line of vision of Joe. "How is this possible?"

"W-where am I-I?" Came a weak voice that was like music to my ears. Her voice entered through my eardrums and ignited a fire within me. 

.

A/N

*Wipes tears from my cheeks* She's alive! *Runs through the mall and screams!*