Jimin-Rest

Another day of work. I've been so stressed out over the past weeks and I've been overworking a lot. My mom's not in the best condition and I have to work a lot more in order to get money and pay for her medical bills. I haven't been looking so great after working a lot. I feel more weak, and unmotivated to do anything.

I came downstairs with everything, ready to go to work until Jimin stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I gave him a dumb look. "Work..."

"There's no work today. The manager told us no work. You didn't get the call?" He questioned.

I thought back and I couldn't find that anywhere in my memory. I shook my head.

"Ah, you probably just forgot. There's no work, so you can stay home and rest." He said.

"If there's no work, then why are you all dressed up for work?" I asked.

"Uh, because the manager said he wanted to talk to me and you know, gotta look professional." He said, adding a wink at the end.

"Oh, ok. When will you be back?" I asked.

"Later than usual."

"If it's just a meeting, why are you coming home late?" I questioned, suspiciously.

"Manager is probably going to ask me to run some errands since that's what he always tells me during the meetings."

"Oh, alright." I said.

He came up to me and grabbed my shoulders, giving me a small peck on my lips.

"Love you." He said, before heading out the door.

"Love you too!" I yelled back before he closed the door. The last thing I saw was his small hand waving at me.

**

I went back to bed to sleep. I haven't had a good sleep in weeks. I felt so physically and mentally exhausted. I slouched on the bed and let fatigue take over me.

**

I woke up after 5 hours of sleeping. What a great nap. I laid back down to savor the moment again, until I got a text message from my manager.

Manager: Come back to work when you feel better. Your husband told me you were sick. Get well soon.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Sick? I wasn't sick.

Me: Manager? I think you have the wrong person. Are you talking about Jimin?

Manager: Yes, yes I am.

Me: He told me there was no work today.

Manager: Of course there's work today. There's no work only if I address it.

Me: He said that you called everyone.

Manager: I don't recall anything like that. You might want to ask Jimin again. You won't be penalized that you didn't come to work because apparently you didn't know. Next time, I'll address it. I'll speak to Jimin about it.

Me: Okay, thank you.

I narrowed my eyes. Why did you lie to me, Jimin?

**

Jimin

The manager called me into his office to talk about something. I knocked on his door.

"Come in."

"Good evening, manager." I said, bowing.

"Please take a seat." He said, motioning to the seat in front of him.