Jungkook-Baby

Ever since I had a baby, Jungkook has been working more hours to support the baby. That means he leaves really early and gets home really late and I never get to see him often. Every night, I tuck our little baby daughter in, and sleep without her father.

He comes home every night around 12. He's a hardworking man, but sometimes I just want his presence. It's been going on for months and I miss him. I know he's doing it for the family though.

I tucked her in her crib, then walked back to my room to sleep.

**

I was awoken by the sound of crying. I woke up, and was about to open the door when I heard voices.

"Shh," I heard. Jungkook?

I look at the time and it was 2:23 AM in the morning.

"Shh, you don't want to wake up mommy right?"

I smiled, still behind the bedroom door.

The crying halted.

I heard him sighing.

"I'm sorry baby... for being a terrible daddy."

"I'm such a bad husband too. I'm never there for you or your mommy." He said in a babyish voice.

I gulped. My heart went soft.

"I just you know, work work work for you."

"I love you and mommy so much. I'm sorry..."

My heart started to hurt after that statement.

"I promise I'll spend more time with you and mommy."

"Especially mommy because I think she's mad at me for never being with her." He said in a babyish tone.

I chuckled, silently.

He started humming. I heard everything. The baby's room was 2 doors away. My room was closed, yet I still heard it. I went back to bed and drifted off to sleep, listening to his humming.

**

I woke up again. I went up to check on the baby. I panicked a little when I didn't see her in the crib. Then, my eyes shifted to the small couch next to the crib. I saw Jungkook sleeping there with the baby. She was sleeping on his chest and Jungkook was supporting her with his arm. My heart softened. It was such an adorable sight. I smiled. He's a great dad, no matter what he thinks.

I went to take Flora off of Jungkook. He mumbled in his sleep. I managed to get her off, silently and tucked her back into the crib. I bent down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Then, I look back at Jungkook, sleeping on the couch. I went to him and also gave him a kiss on his forehead. I walked back to the room, and slept once again.

**

Morning. I woke up and went to check up on Flora, but my eyes caught something. It's 9 AM, and Jungkook was still sleeping on the couch.

"Jungkook-ah.." I said, shaking him.

He mumbled before slowly opening his eyes.

"Yah! You're late for work! It's 9!" I panicked.

His eyes opened really big and he instantly perked up, which wasn't a good idea because he got dizzy, seeing dots everywhere. I held him.

"Be careful. Are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

He groaned, holding his head.

"I'm not going to work today.. I'll just stay home. I'm late anyway." He said, tiredly.

"And why am I on the couch- never mind." He said, rubbing his eyes. I chuckled and kissed his forehead.

"Go sleep in the bedroom." I said, trying to get him up.

"Mm." He nodded, walking to the bedroom door. I looked at Flora and she was still sleeping on her chest. I patted her back gently and left the room. I went back to the bedroom and saw Jungkook on his side. He heard me walk in and motioned me to come.

"What?"

"Come sleep with me." He said, patting the space next to him.

I chuckled and walked over. He hugged my waist and nuzzled into my neck, putting the blanket on the both of us.

"I missed this so much.." He mumbled.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N.." He softly apologized.

My heart hurt and I felt tears forming at the corners of my eyes. Fortunately, he couldn't see me because he was facing my back.

"I'm sorry for not helping you. I'm sorry for not spending time with you. I'm sorry for being a terrible husband. I- I love you." He said.

I couldn't hold it in. Tears started to fall down the side of my eyes, onto the pillow.

"Y/N?"

"Mm?"

"Are you crying?"

"No.." I mumbled. I sounded like I was crying.

He turned you around to face him and his face softened at the sight of you crying.

He brought my face to his chest, hugging me.

"I'm sorry.."

He pulled away and wiped my tears.

"Don't cry.."

My heart just hurt so much because of his lack of presence. I just wanted to see him.

He hugged me again. I hugged back.

"I promise I'll spend more time with our family."

I nodded slowly.

He kissed me on my forehead.

"Let's just stay like this.." He whispered.

Then, a wail of cry interrupted us.

He sighed, "Or not.."