Taehyung-Bond (Pt.4 of FB)

A/N: yes this series is baCk ;')

slight angst & big fluff at the end 😌

-

"Things haven't gotten so smoothly lately, huh?" Taehyung piped, swinging his legs back and forth on the bench.

"Well, I'm sorry for getting upset a lot, but you keep calling me every single day just like last year when I told you I don't have that kind of time. I felt obligated to pick them up most of the time even though I was busy because I didn't want to ruin our relationship." You snapped, feeling a little frustrated with all the work load.

The second year of college was definitely not better than the first. You had even more work dumped on your pile even with the summer work that you prepared for. To be honest, it felt exhausting. Today was the first day you got a break. On top of that, you have an exam on the day after tomorrow.

Taehyung frowned, "So... you didn't pick them up because you wanted to?"

You sighed, "It's not like that. I was busy with college, okay? I thought I could handle it again, but I can't. I'm sorry that I kept snapping at you, but the classes I'm taking don't give me rest like yours."

Taehyung scoffed, feeling offended. "Rest? I don't have free time either. I manage to squeeze in time for you because I want to hear your voice and talk to you. I call you in between transitions of my classes, on my way home, and even on line waiting for lunch or in line waiting for a textbook in the library. I don't have free time to spare either, but I make time."

You gulped, knowing you were wrong. "Well, whenever you called me in your spare time, I wasn't free." You mumbled.

He nodded, sucking his teeth. "Maybe you were right when you said you couldn't handle a relationship along with school. After these two years, I've come to realize that you're right."

"Are you saying we should break up?" You asked, nibbling at your cheek.

"Maybe it's for the best now. Maybe until you graduate unless you find someone else within those years." He said, giving a weak smile as some tears glossed over his eyes.

You stayed quiet, not being able to look at him, which made him grateful because he didn't want you to see him cry.

"Is that what you want?" You quietly asked, fiddling with your fingers.

He threw back the question, turning his head towards you, "Isn't that what you want?"

You didn't respond, making him sigh.

"Look, I've been really patient with you. I tried to understand everything, but I think you're being a little unfair to me. Every time I call out of consideration for you, you just get annoyed at me because I called at your inconvenience. I'm sorry for that. I don't mean to, but you don't even call me or text me on your own unless I initiate it." Taehyung said, pursing his lips after seeing you tense up.

You heart drops in what you heard. Have I really been that bad of a girlfriend?

"I'm so sorry, Taehyung." You exhaled, biting your lip. You felt terrible. "I'm sorry to being such a horrible girlfriend. I don't mean to get mad at you— it's just my stress, I promise. I'm sorry, you've been nothing but great to me." You apologized, holding his arms.

He brings you into his embrace. "It's okay. I know you don't mean to do it on purpose, but sometimes I feel upset when it slips out of you." He softly said, patting your back.

"I'm so sorry." You said, feeling tears springing in your eyes.

"I think you need it, so let's take a break, hm?" He suggested, gently rubbing at your shoulders. You nodded against his chest, not having a choice anymore. He pulled away first, causing you to immediately lose his familiar, comfortable heat.