Jungkook-Prom

Prom was coming up and you had no intention of going because you didn't have anybody to go with. Your friends were going yes, but they all have boyfriends and dates so you figured you'd be the third wheel.

Prom was actually tomorrow so everyone has already gotten a date. No one asked you and you expected that. You believed you weren't as pretty as every other girl, but that was okay. Some people have told you that you were pretty and even some guys, but you never really believed it.

Jungkook has been glancing at you for the past fifteen minutes during your shared period for chemistry. Both of you had the same chemistry class, and math class.

Jungkook had a minor crush on you, ever since he got placed to be your partner, which was in the beginning of the semester. You two never really talked, but talked for partner work. One, because he was a shy person and you didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Two, he didn't seem like the person to talk to you. However, sometimes when you see him in the hallway, he slightly smile at you and you'd wave at him.

He was a shy person, though. Jungkook wanted to talk to you, but never got the right words. He would sometimes stutter while looking into your eyes, explaining something correlating to the work.

He liked you because your voice was so pretty, you were cute, and you were nice.

Prom was tomorrow and a few girls asked him out, but he kindly rejected. He wanted to ask you out for prom. He wasn't sure if you had a date yet, but he knew for a fact that he didn't. All of the other girls were occupied, except those girls who asked him.

He never asked someone out to go somewhere. The chemistry class period was almost over. He had no confidence as of now so he thought he'd wait till last period, which is math class to ask. He also sat next to you in that class.

-

When he was walking to his math class, he saw you in front of a guy who held up a big, prom sign.

"Y/N, prom?" A male asked.

Jungkook's heart dropped. He lost his chance. He sighed, not wanting to hear it and went inside the classroom. A few minutes later, you entered the class and sat next to Jungkook. Jungkook sighed quietly in defeat.

It was always like this. His shyness always got in the way of his opportunities. He lost many chances and he hated it. He hated how he did this to himself.

"S-So, you going to prom?" Jungkook stuttered.

"Hm?" You replied, not hearing him.

"Are you going to prom? It-It's tomorrow." He repeated, looking into your eyes.

You chuckled, "No."

Jungkook displayed a confused expression, "Didn't that g-guy ask you to prom?"

You laughed softly, "Why are you stuttering so much? I'm not your teacher. No need to be nervous, baby. And yes, he did, but I didn't want to go with him. He's cocky, and a little rude. Plus, I didn't really have any intention of going because my friends all have dates and all. Y'know, I didn't want to be the third wheel,"

Jungkook's heart was still racing fast when you called him baby. His face tinted with a shade of pink. You were confused. Maybe that's why he never talked to you.. because he was nervous to talk.

"O-Oh." He stammered, closing his eyes in defeat, sighing. Meanwhile, you just smiled.

Jungkook felt nervous all of a sudden. His heart dropped to his stomach because he planned out how he was going to ask you. He went into his bookbag and took out a rose that was written on the stem of the rose, "Prom?"