Jungkook-Come Back Home

a/n: that photo of jk holy moly

Be ready y'all because I made it really angsty oops :')

-

"Hey Jungkook, how was work?" You asked immediately as you saw him walk through the front door.

His head snapped up as he held an expression of confusion, "Y/N? Why are you awake?" He asks with exhaustion laced within his words, averting his eyes to the wall clock and back to you. "Go to sleep. It's past 2:30 in the morning." He orders, lifting his chin towards the stairs while he walks into the kitchen to grab a snack.

You sigh lightly through your nostrils, suddenly feeling distant, yet you keep quiet, trudging your way up the stairs.

-

"Hello?"

"Hey Jungkook. When are you going to come home tonight?" You asked, nibbling your cheeks as your eyes roamed around the bedroom.

A frustrated, light groan escapes his lips, "I... I don't think I can come home tonight. I have too much going on to handle at work. I have to get everything organized and- MR. JEON!"

His voice was cut off by another voice which called out to him, making Jungkook quickly utter a goodbye and hanging up.

All you did was purse your lips.

-

"Jungkook!" You exclaimed as he ran to the kitchen, passing by you on the couch.

"Jungkook?"

"Sorry- I have to go back out to run errands for my business. I'll talk to you later or something." He says breathlessly with a red apple and water bottle in his hand, closing the door behind him.

"But-"

You quietly whined to yourself, plopping flat on the couch.

-

"Hello? Sorry I didn't pick up your call before. I was-"

"Jungkook, are you coming home?" You asked, cutting him off.

"Uhh," He says, as audible paper shuffling could be heard over the line, "If I can finish all these files, but it's already 9, so I'll be late."

"Do you need to do the files? Can't you ask a worker of yours to do it?" You asked, feeling frustrated inside.

"No, Y/N. This is my business to do, not my workers'. He says in a hard tone, throwing you off guard.

"Is there any way you could come home earlier?" You asked, wishing he could hear the plea in your voice.

"I could, but that just means more work for tomorrow, and I don't want that. I'm going to hang up now, bye." He quickly says in a rushed tone.

"Bye..." You quietly murmur, shoulders sinking.

You sighed in defeat.

-

"Stop calling me 100 times! I'm not a free hotline! I was in a meeting, and you think my phone continuously buzzing seemed professional?!" Jungkook yelled over the phone, causing your heart to race, but break simultaneously. You felt speechless. After hearing no response, he speaks up again.

"Well, what do you want?!" He spits, impatient for an answer.

"When are you coming home?" You quietly ask, a lump forming at the back of your throat as an annoyed sigh enters your ears.