Jungkook-Back In My Arms

A/N: hello!! It's been a while since I've updated this book, and that's because I'm also working alongside with my pjm fanfic hehe please check it out! Anyway, I hope you like this oneshot!

angst, fluff | includes intense kiss scene (don't get excited tbh LOL)

-

It had been about 4 and a half years since you've seen your ex, Jungkook. After the two of you parted ways, you flew to America to start a different life. Korea just seemed to hold too many memories with him. You needed to clear your head, and when you started working in the states, you got your mind off of Jungkook.

"Here's your plane ticket. Are you sure you want to travel alone? I could come with you." Your personal driver offered kindly.

"I'll be fine on my own. I'm there for a business trip anyway. Thanks for driving me." You assured, patting his arm.

He chuckled, "You always thank me, but it's my job. I was hired to be your driver."

You shrug, pushing his shoulder, "Can't you just accept my gratitude?" You nagged.

He nodded smiling, "Alright Y/N. Be safe. Call me when you land."

You nodded, walking away to pass security and go to your gate. You turned around, waving to him. He waved back, and he soon left. You sighed, waiting for boarding to start.

-

You arrived in Korea after many hours, feeling weirdly refreshed. You barely got any sleep on the plane, but you felt excited to be back in your hometown.

Only planning to stay a few days, you only had a small suitcase with you. You went to the hotel that your company booked for you. When you arrived there, your heart dropped, realizing this was almost around your old neighborhood.

You decided to go out, wanting to see the changes. The streets were crowded since it was in the city.

Suddenly, someone bumped your shoulder, causing you to stumble forward. The man immediately caught you from falling, helping you stand.

"Sorry," He muttered. You couldn't see his eyes because of the bucket hat he wore, but that flannel just looked super familiar. And that voice too...

"Jungkook?"

He stopped in his tracks, slowly turning around. He lifted his hat, lips parting. "Y-Y/N?" He struggled to meet your eyes and so did you. You gulped, "I-It's been a while." You started, walking towards him.

"You've gotten prettier..." He mumbled, loud enough for you to hear. His compliment made your heart flutter. You gave him a small smile, "Thanks."

"Do you want to come over? I-I have some thai milk tea that I made." He shyly asked.

You break into a smile, "The one that you always make?" His heart jumps at the nostalgia, "Yeah, your favorite." He smiles, sadness hooded behind his eyes.

You excitedly nodded, changing your route. You followed him in silence.

"So... how've you been?" You start, biting your lip.

He rubbed the nape of his neck, chuckling. "You want the truth or the lie?"

"The truth." You quickly answered, furrowing your eyebrows.

"Umm, I've been better. I found a new job, but I hate this job. There's no choice for me because I need to survive. My life is pretty boring." He chuckles. "W-What about you?"