Chapter 62

You are all invited to Daud and Susan's nikkah. The colourful video invitation is made by ssha1kh while this ethnic invitation e-card is made by omamaMakbar . Enjoy :-) 

 Enjoy :-) 

------------------------------------------------

The news of Daud's wedding had spread like forest fire. Ibrahim wasn't able to contain his happiness. Finally, his only son was getting married. It hadn't taken Ibrahim long to inform Adil. The late afternoon of the fine autumn day, Ibrahim sat beside his father in Muhammad's living room.

"Aba jee, I have good news. Daud and Susan's nikkah has been set for the coming Friday," Ibrahim breathlessly informed.

There was a deafening silence. Sitting erectly on the arm chair, Adil was motionless. His fingers gripped tightly the walking cane. He exhaled deeply and then imperceptibly nodded.

Even at this age, when Ibrahim was nearing his own old age, he couldn't dare to coax his father to be present at the nikkah. As the eldest and dutiful son, it was his responsibility to inform Adil of the wedding. It was irrelevant whether Adil choose to come to the wedding or not.

"It will be at Clonskeagh Mosque after Asr (late afternoon) prayer." Ibrahim went on.

"What is after Asr?" Muhammad intervened as he sauntered into the room.

The ends of Ibrahim's lips lifted slightly, "Daud's nikkah."

Muhammad's eyes widened and his face broke into a broad smile, "Mashaa Allah. Who is the lucky girl who finally tamed him?" he asked as he stepped closer to hug his brother in felicitations.

"Susan."

Nodding curtly, Muhammad stepped back from Ibrahim, "Alhumdulilah, this is even better. Finally, he is settling down with her. The child needs his father."

Where Muhammad was genuinely pleased to hear the news, Salman stood frozen at the threshold of the room, there was suddenly bitter taste in his mouth after listening to the conversation. He was not interested in Daud's life. He recklessly hoped that Daud stayed away from his family. He respected his uncle but he had strong desire to maintaining lengthy distances from his devious and conspiring cousin. He was still suffering from the damages instilled by Daud. Nawal's slow recovery pained him more than he could ever express. Nawal's bewilderment expressions, her inability to do small chores of looking after herself and the difficulty in taking care of their daughter, clenched his heart tightly. If only it was in his power he would ease all these struggles from Nawal's life. At this time of need, Allah had blessed him with immense patience where he was able to stand tall and be her support.

He spun around and strode off to the bedroom. Nawal was sitting crossed legged on the bed with Rania on her lap. She was nursing the baby with a small formula milk bottle. She was oblivious to Salman as he walked in. Her eyes capturing every little detail of the baby.