Chapter 64

Nawal's nerves were on edge all day long. Standing in front of the mirror, her hand trembled as she applied the black eyeliner. She stilled her hand and took a deep breath. Closing one eye, she reapplied the eyeliner. She then blinked and critically gazed at herself in the mirror.

After breakfast, Salman had asked her to dress up nicely. Now after hours of choosing the right outfit, she was applying the last bit of make-up. She had carefully taken her time to get ready. The last time she had dressed for him had turned into a disaster. She had no hopes this time but she did it anyways.

Dressed in a pale blue maxi dress that had crochet lace on the neckline and her waist. The hem of the dress was fluttering around back of her feet. It had a slight flare, giving it a more feminine look. She had topped it up with a caramel leather jacket with rolled up sleeves showing off the dark blue floral print. She also wore a light and dark blue animal print hijab. She had put on bare minimum accessories with a delicate gold bracelet and black leather square dial watch.

She had applied foundation and concealer to cover the dark circles that were still evident after her illness. Her dusty rose pink lip gloss painted lips twitched downwards, she wasn't pleased with herself. Huffing, she brushed the last minute rouge on her cheeks. This would have to do for now.

She whirled around ready to leave the room when the sight in front of her took her breath away. Salman was immaculately attired for the evening in a navy blue blazer that accentuated his broad shoulders and muscular arms. The light blue shirt was a direct contrast to his olive complexion. The top few buttons of his shirt were undone giving a teasing glimpse of his well-built pectoral muscles. He was in white casual pants and tanned shoes. More than his clothing that captivated her were his dark looks, those gleaming eyes, and black wavy hair. There were many times during the past one and a half year of their marriage, Nawal had admired Salman's good looks. But today, for the first time she questioned herself why hadn't she ever closely looked at him. With time, she realized he wasn't just a good looking man, he was beyond that. A man who fiercely protected his family and a man who had stepped up for her when she needed him the most.

"Are you --?" Salman glanced at her. His words were lost as his gaze swept from her head to her toe. She blushed under his heated gaze.

"Beautiful," he whispered loud enough for Nawal to hear. Her face coloured further. She took the steps closer to him. His heady scent and his nearness raising her pulse. Tilting her head upwards to him, she whispered back, "Not as much as you."

He raised his eyebrows in astonishment, "Is that so? I never thought my wife found me beautiful."

She chuckled unable to keep her hands off him, she brushed the non-existent lint from the lapel of his blazer, "I guess I need to be more expressive."

With his forefinger under her chin, he raised her face to his, "I will do the same. I rather say what I am thinking about to you than not saying it at all. Life is too short and I want to share every moment with you."

The Salman she knew never had spoken like this. Her near death experience had shaken him completely breaking through his pride. She was slowly understanding this enigmatic man. He was like a rainbow of many shades. And she liked these new shades. They were attractive pulling her closer to him.

Holding her gaze, he asked softly, "Now I have a request. Just for tonight, if we leave Rania with Ammi? I want this evening only for the two of us."

Concerned and apprehensiveness marred her face. She hesitated. He hurriedly reassured her, "We won't be gone for long."

She eventually relented, "Alright."

He smirked, "You won't be disappointed." He wrapped his arm around her lower waist and affectionately pressed her hip.