Chapter 68

Two months later

Nawal sat in front of her laptop and was chewing the end of her blue pen in a pensive manner, "But Salman being active on social media would create our presence not only in the eyes of the suppliers but also our end user customers."

Salman contemplated, "It would be too much work."

Nawal slowly shook her head and pointed her finger at the laptop screen, "No it won't, leave that to me. Let me start on Twitter and then we see which other social media to be active on."

Salman slowly rose from his office chair, "Alright and I will have the marketing team start analysing the impact of this online marketing strategy."

Nawal pushed the chair back from the desk in the home office and stood up, "I was thinking you can arrange a meeting where I could attend and we can discuss with other marketing heads."

It had been a month since Nawal gradually started working on the marketing strategy for Salman's company. For the time being, they had decided it was most optimal for Nawal to work from home as Rania was barely 6 months old. She had been working on a marketing campaign that would enhance the brand image of the company. Salman was impressed to see Nawal's dedication and he had motivated her as she worked day and night.

Salman reflectively nodded, "Alright I will get the time set for the meeting just let Ammi know she will need to mind Rania while you are at the meeting."

"Yeah, don't worry. Bechaari, Khala never says no."

Salman smirked, "This reminds me, it is Friday night. Let's go out for late night coffee and desserts and Ammi can mind Rania again," he winked.

Nawal's cheeks turned warm remembering the last weekend when on Salman's insistence they had gone for a weekend getaway leaving Rania with Seema. It was more like their belated honeymoon, well more like a weekend romantic trip where they had gone to County Clare staying at a hotel by the Atlantic Ocean. It was a freezing cold in the middle of December and they had spent most of their time indoors or let's just say in their room. It had been a memorable weekend, albeit short. Salman had promised that there will be more planned weekend retreats as Rania grows older and she could stay for a longer period with Seema. Nawal had no complaints, she was stressed as it was when it came to raising Rania. Although, over the months her anxiety over the baby had reduced considerably. That too was due to Salman reassuring her countless times as to what a great mother Nawal was.

"No not today. Rania was cranky in the afternoon. Khala said she seems to be teething. I don't want to leave her when she isn't well."

Salman sighed, "Why do I feel Rania comes before me?" he muttered.

Nawal chuckled, "Don't complain." Her eyes sparkled then as she thought out loud, "Let's watch a movie. You can pick whatever you want to watch on Netflix and Rania and I will accompany you."

"You really know how to negotiate. You win then, I will be happy with a movie and my girls."

Nawal rounded the desk and stood in front of him, "I have learned to understand you."

"And I am impressed. Now why don't you make some popcorn for us while I select a movie," he lightly pressed Nawal's arm.

It was an hour later, where Nawal and Salman were snuggled in bed watching an action movie. In the last month, on Nawal's persistence, Salman had got television for their room. Their movie nights were becoming a routine now. Rania was asleep in her cot oblivious to the noise from the movie. Salman glanced at his wife on his side and sighed. Rania wasn't the only one who slept during the movie. Apparently, Nawal only watched half of the movie before she would fall asleep. She always argued that she was exhausted. Salman knew better Nawal didn't prefer to watch action movies. Whereas Salman couldn't stand the romantic or romantic comedy that Nawal watched. There had to be some kind of compromise between them and so Salman never was angry when he noticed she was asleep.