Kokoriki x reader: Ice Cream Date Night!

You had just been in Nanba for a few weeks or so, assigned to building 5. Samon and Inori have been helping you since at first the paperwork can be pretty overwelming. You've been getting the hang of the work you were given and when were was tasked with watching the inmates from building 5 as they were training, you've gotten some time to chat with them and they seemed nicer than you expected, you thought you would have had more problems with them. The Daisen brothers have been helping you around the prison as well! Your lucky to be around a bunch of cute boys.

Everything has been going so well so far! Well, except for one thing, summer. Summer wasn't much of a big deal for you, but this year was different. In the morning you thought that today was going to be just fine judging by the docile weather but later on it was like a hundred degrees. Everyone was warned to stay inside for the time being until the day went by and the tempterature would cool down.
You were sitting at your desk, finishing a few last papers before you were done for the day. Nothing much really happened except for the heat, until you were done with your paperwork.

"Alright! Now to get something to eat!" you say joyfully as your belly rumbled. You snatch your purse as it was resting along your chair and lift yourself up. Just as you were about to leave out the door, you were greeted by a certain someone.

"WAI... WAIT!!" You stop suddenly and turn your head to see Kokoriki behind you, out of breath as he slumps over, his hands gripping onto his knees.

"Koko? I thought you left already!" You look back as your eyes widen.

"I-I was just t-thinking..." He paused for a moment. You tilt your head in confusion as a fleet of intrusive thoughts seeped to the front of your mind. You haven't been here for long but your confidence has been getting better as the days went by. Am I in trouble..? That phrase echoes as you wait for him to catch his composure, concern and anxiety raising as he took his time.

He straightens himself respectfully, wiping the sweat left on his face. He stumbles, trying to conjure the words as he reddens, after a moment he gained his confidence slowly. "I-I want to go on a date with you!" He blurted out. Your eyes widen in surprise, every thought you had crashed with reality as you stood there, absolutely stunned. "Ah..." You finally get out.

"I'd... like that a lot.. actually." That anxiety and worry smooths out, a small smile creeps onto your face in curiosity. "Wait, you really mean it?!" he replies in surprise, you nod your head in approval and your smile widens as he hugs you tightly. "Yay! I know so many amazing places we can go together! You don't know how happy I am Y/N!!!" He yells cheerfully. He lets go of you, only to grab your hand to go to those places. You can see at the corner of your eye a certain monkey smirking behind you with a thumbs up.

Sitting on a bench, you and Koko were enjoying some ice cream to cool down from the heat. Yes, it wasn't much for a date but as long as you two are happy, everything's fine.
The sun was setting as the sky of bright blue changed to a deep pink with a tint of peach, like Koko's hair! You could see little tiny specks of stars appear in the sky as the bench you were sitting at was like the best place for stargazing. Almost like fate...

"Today was... amazing Y/N, I thought it would be a disaster but-" Koko said, breaking the silence. You looked over to him, patiently waiting for his answer, but it wasn't what you expected. He lunged towards you, startling you as he wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. When your face was inches away from his, he connects his lips with yours for a solid 10 seconds. He reluctantly gives away, he gives a small, thoughtful smile.

"-it was the best~"