Fantasy Series|Upa x Yuki-Onna!reader

Requested by @Kawaiipon

In the dead of night, an odd couple snuggles together in one futon. Y/n spoons Upa as she quietly blows pure ice on his neck. He shivers and adjusts himself as his eyes open halfway. "Why did you do that... Go back to sleep." He groggily yawns as he hugs his pillow.

Y/n tightens her grip around him. "I'm worried, pay attention for a second. I don't think I'll survive tomorrow." She mutters quietly, a hint of anxiousness as she hugs Upa closer. "What do you mean by that..?" He responds just as quietly.

"I'm cold blooded, I can't survive such hot weather." She starts. "The only reason I survived today was the fact that I snuck some ice packs from the infirmary."

Both remain silent, Y/n waiting patiently but nervous for a reply. Upa stays still and mute for an eerie while. "Upa?" She asks as she nuzzles her face into his back.

"We can figure something out." He bluntly suggests, catching Y/n off guard. "You said you survived from ice before, right? I can help you keep cool during summer, Don't worry."

Y/n shuts her eyes and smiles deeply. "Thank you..." She softly murmurs. I hope you're right... She worries as she drifts slowly back to sleep.

— ♡ —

Y/n stretches herself, her blankets both scattered around and wrapped against her. Hesitantly sitting herself up, she lets out a long yawn before opening her eyes. She looks down to see half-melted ice packs lined up against her skin. She picks up one of the ice packs and rests it upon her bed head, confused but delighted.

"Is that enough for you?" She looks to the cell window, where a bright red shelf holds Upa and his little cactus. "I asked Samon to put the air conditioner on for you as well."

Y/n's tired eyes wake up widely, "You're really going through with this..." Upa looks back with his usual cold stare. "Don't take it personally! Everyone cares about you and would be very upset if you were gone." He turns his head back out the window, passed his red swirly cheeks lie even more red than usual.

— ❤︎ —

Y/n, stuffed with ice packs in her clothes, attempts to exercise. She sits herself down, huffing and puffing, sweating bullets from head to toe. She pulls out an ice pack to see that it's almost completely liquid. She pulls back one of her sleeves to see her skin turning red as if a rash appeared, almost steaming in such heat.

"Guys! I need ice!" She shouts out, her friendly neighborhood ice bringer Upa runs over to her side.

He grabs her hand, pulling all her weight back to the cell. "Upa, not too fast!" She attempts to yank away. Upon arriving in their cell, Upa finally lets her go.

"Stay inside. Samon said that we need more time to get ice so you'll have to pray that the air conditioner with pull you through."

Y/n nods hesitantly as she sits down pretzel style. "Alright, but don't overheat as well."

He makes a 'tsk' sound. "I'm not stupid so don't try to worry so much." He pauses for a brief moment. "I'm more concerned about you. You better not leave, okay?"

"Alright, I'll just be 'chilling' here then." She sarcastically replies back, Upa looking more pissed off than usual. He goes back outside, rolling his eyes as he hears a distant feminine laugh.

Alright, time to resume my reading! Y/n crawls into her futon, sliding her hand under her pillow and pulls out her favorite manga.

— Two hours pass —

Upa enters his cell, hit with a wave of fresh cold air. "I'm so sweaty and gross... I'll have to shower later." He wipes his forehead, coated in a thin layer of sweat.

He thoroughly scans the room until his eyes lock on Y/n. She lays on her side facing away from him, in her futon with her manga cast to the side. He lets out a long sigh of relief as he takes his time walking to her side.

He gently nudges her shoulder. "Y/n, wake up." He nudges more forcefully, shaking her side to side with no sign of a response. Y/n now on her back, he repeatedly slaps her face. "Y/n! Wake up already!" He actually stops for a second to feel her forehead, his hand feeling scorched from the heat as a small shot of adrenaline hits him like a brick.

Anxiety swells up within him as his gut tigtens with a sinking feeling. "SAMON!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE THIS INSTANT!" He shouts at the top of his lungs as that shot of adrenaline ascends to rage.

"Upa..." He looks down to see Y/n's body emitting steam. It was difficult for Upa to see Y/n so distraught and feverish. "I don't think... you're plan is going to work this time..." Her voice dry and dehydrated.

"Please, I need you to be strong right now!" Upa grasps her hand, burning with heat and damp with steam. "You can pull through, so don't ever think about giving up on this!"

The cell door bursts open as an orange haired monkey runs in. "What the hell is going on here?"

"Get Y/n ice! Now!" Upa shouts out.

Samon's eyes drift to Y/n, who looks like she's going to faint with all that panting. Thin lines of steam flow out of her pores like she was set on fire from the inside. "I'll set the air conditioner to max and see if I can get a cold bath running."

"Hurry then!" Upa watches as his supervisor dashes out the room. He lifts his melting friend up and moves to the nearby vent on the ceiling. He sets her down below the vent as it blasts cold air.

She's burning alive... Dammit Samon be faster! Upa tries to fan Y/n's face with her manga. He adjusts her so she's sitting upright. "Try to stay awake, do you feel the air conditioning?"

"It helps—" Her body wavers as she holds her head. "I feel sick..." At this point, she's given up trying to move at all, being assaulted with a barrage of heat.

"No. 58! No. I/n's bath is ready!" Rokuriki bursts through the cell entrance, Upa abruptly rushes Y/n down the building 5 bathhouse. He runs over to Samon who sits at the edge of the bath. The bath was almost full, little chunks of ice floating up to the surface.

Without hesitation, Upa lays Y/n down against the back of the tub so her head doesn't sink under. A wave of coldness makes her jump to the sudden temperature change. The rising strings of steam fade away as she closes her eyes to bask in the relief of the cold.

"I felt like I was going to die...!" She finally says, her voice much clearer than before. Upa takes a seat next to the bath, exhaling.

Upa splashes Y/n in the face with the water. "You should've called out to me when you were in our cell! This could've been prevented!"

Y/n wipes the water from her face, aggravated with Upa's greeting. She splashes a handfull of water back at Upa. "It's not bad to just admit that you were worried!"

Samon rests his back against the wall opposite to the bath with his arms crossed. He begins to walk out the doorway. "I think I'll leave you two to talk things out." He quickly makes his leave before they have a chance to reply.

Upa simply ignores Samon's words as he glares down Y/n with a pouty look. "This is just the beginning of summer and you nearly died! You are as fragile as a snowflake."

"Well, I am your precious snowflake~" She looks down into the water, fiddling with the ice cubes. "Don't you want to keep me alive? You went through all this trouble after all."

"Is that even a question?" He abruptly answers. "I went through all this trouble for you. Be grateful." He locks eyes with her, completely unaware that he looks like he just bit into a lemon.