Jyugo x reader: Pumpkin Propaganda

(This doesn't take place in Nanba)

Y/n and Jyugo take a stroll in the colorful and windy Autumn. They walk down a gravel path that's lined with a burning colored forest that stretches far and wide.

Jyugo tugs the sides of his coat closer as his hair gets so ruffled from the wind, covering his face. He grits his teeth and attempts to pull his hood back on from being flung off for the hundredth time. "What are we doing outside in this weather??"

Y/n takes hold of his hand, letting his hood fly back... again. "I want to show you something! It'll be fun, I promise!" She dashes down the empty road, Jyugo stumbling with every step from the speed.

"Slow down! I'm gonna trip!" She seems to ignore her friend's pleads as the two disappear into the forest.

Passing many huge fiery red and orange trees of all kinds, she stops at a certain tree that's tilted to the side from it's own weight. Underneath the tree, a patch of ripe pumpkins sit, very plump and almost reach up to a persons knees. The pumpkins lay atop a big picnic blanket.

"Woah..." Jyugo let's go of Y/n, admiring the bright colors. His eyes land on the pumpkins. "Did you buy these pumpkins?" He says as he takes a seat next to one.

Y/n kneels down next to Jyugo. "Maybe... Well, yeah, but I put them here so it looked much better! Not to mention that what we're gonna be doing is a bit messy."

She digs into her purse and pulls out a kitchen knife, Jyugo leans away from her with a concerned face. "Uhm, my dearest friend~ Why did you bring me out in the middle of nowhere...? And why do you have a knife??"

"Relax. Relax. If I wanted to kill you then I would've done it ages ago." She stabs next to the pumpkins stem, carving a circle around it. "We're carving pumpkins! Have you ever done it?"

"...Oh" Jyugo relaxes his nerves. "Not really, I don't think I've really celebrated Halloween as much as everyone else." He stares at the pumpkin Y/n is carving. She finishes the circle around the stem and pulls off the top of the pumpkin, revealing it's guts. Jyugo pinches his nose, "God, that smell..."

"C'mon! Help me take out these guts! You can put them in this plastic bag." Y/n unfolds a tightly folded baggie from her coat pocket, laying it out in front of her.

Jyugo stares down the pumpkin, his face scrunching with unsettling disgust. "Okay... I'll try to breathe with my mouth." He hesitantly reaches one arm into the pumpkin, twitching at the odd slimey texture. He quickly pulls out his hand and chucks the guts into the plastic bag. "Blegh..." He tries wiping off the excess guts from his hands.

Many Moons Later —

He cups his mouth with his other hand, the one that he kept clean. Y/n drops the last batch of guts, her face red from trying to hold in her laughter. "You were too slow so I took out most of it! We're gonna gut more pumpkins later so you better prepare yourself." Ending her sentence with a wink.

Y/n cleans off her hand and picks up the kitchen knife. "I brought another knife if you want to try carving it yourself!" Y/n holds the knife out for Jyugo to take, he takes it and brings the pumpkin closer to him.

"Be careful." Y/n raises her voice. "Don't cut towards yourself, you could get seriously hurt. Promise me you won't cut yourself?"

Jyugo grins widely. "Ha! I got blades on my arms! I won't be stupid!" He stabs into the side of the pumpkin, attempting to carve a shape of some sort. Y/n sighs and crawls to another pumpkin, "I'm gonna work on another punpkin then!" She grabs her other kitchen knife, one that was a little thinner than Jyugo's.

Few Mins Later, Brought to You by Jyugo's "Amazing" Knife Skills —

"OWWWWWWW!" Y/n whips her head back at Jyugo, who is holding his hand as a thin line of blood trickles from his finger. She scowls as she makes her way to him.

Y/n clasps his hand and stares down into the fairly deep cut. "Dammit, Jyugo! What did I say?!"

"Do something!! I felt the knife touch my bone...!" Jyugo spits out as he panics from the blood covering half his hand.

Y/n tries wiping her hands against her pants and takes out a spare bandaid from her purse. The bandaid was a bright pink hello kitty one that had all sorts of stars and hearts spotted on it. "Seriously? You're gonna use that?" Jyugo sweat drops.

"Oh stop complaining already! It's only the cutest and bestest bandaid out there! Let me clean your wound first." Y/n holds the finger up to her mouth and starts licking the cut along with the excess blood that has stained Jyugo's hand.

Jyugo's face flushes pink with an awkward expression. "Uh— Uh..." He abruptly averts his gaze.

"All done!" Y/n licks her lips and applies the hello kitty bandaid. Looking up to face him, Y/n smirks at Jyugo's strange behavior. "You can look now..."

Jyugo slowly looks back to see, trying to keep a straight face. "...Thanks... Uhm..." He looks around to find something to create small talk and his eyes land on his pumpkin. "Do you... like my pumpkin?"

Y/n looks to Jyugo's pumpkin. It had a very wonky "smile" with asymmetrical eyes that looked like Jyugo simply punched the eyes in. Y/n chuckles at the sight. "It's cute~ not bad for your first try."

Extra

Jyugo plops down a plastic bag full of pumpkin guts, leftover from before. He plugs his nose and pushes it away towards Y/n, who is placing the carved pumpkins on the kitchen counter.

"What are we gonna do with these guts? It's plaguing the house with it's smell..."

Y/n smiles widely. "We are going to bake the seeds!" She begins to pluck out the seeds and seperate them from the slimey orange insides to a plate.

"Heh..?" Jyugo says with a hint of sarcasm. "Do you know what they taste like?"

"You'll see~ I'm sure you won't hate it."

• • •

Y/n sits on the countertop as she watches the seeds roast in the oven. A sudden beeping goes off from the timer, Y/n jumps down to the floor and gets her oven mittens ready to pull them out.

Jyugo watches as Y/n pulls out the baking tray and slides the seeds into a big plate. His face lightens up to see the seeds actually looking more appetizing than anticipated.

He crunches down on a seed and his eyes widen with a sudden thirst for more seeds. "Delicious!" He cups a handful of seeds and eats them all at once.

"STOP HOGGING THEM ALL!" Y/n scrambles to grab her own hands full of seeds.

♡ ♡ ♡

Well Ik Halloweeb is approaching but I wanted to take a different turn instead of making a spoopy oneshot. In the future — maybe a little after Halloweeb — I will do a spoopy oneshot.

Stay safe! Check your candy for strange shit! AND MERRY HALLOWEEB!! :D