Musashi x Male!reader: Who Cares, I Can't See

Musashi hears the sudden clinking of keys as his cell door creaks open. He brings his head up from looking down to his book. "No. 634" Kenshirou speaks up. "A new inmate will be joining you. Please try to get along with them."

"Oooh... No wonder I heard another pair of feet." He turns himself to face where the sounds were coming from. Someone hesitantly shifts their way inside with Kenshirou closing and locking the door behind him. "No. I/n, don't cause me any trouble."

As Kenshirou disappears into the endless hallway, the new inmate sits down in front of Musashi. Musashi tilts his head to the side slightly, holding his hand out. "Hello, names Musashi. What should I call you?"

"Y/n..." The male voice speaks quietly as he grasps Musashi's laid out hand. Y/n looks up to Musashi's face, a wave of relief decreases the pit in his stomach.

"So how'd you end up here?"

"It's a long story..."

"We're in prison, man. I got all the time in the world."

"True..." Y/n slaps both of his cheeks. "Fine! I was a nuisance to the inmates, and the guards got tired of it because it got physical!" He spat out with his little shot of courage. It soon shrivels and he immediately has third thoughts.

Musashi rests his back against the wall, letting his hand return to his side. "To me, it sounds like you were picked on." He hears a sudden shuffle as Y/n felt like he was being read like a book, and a tad embarrassed by it. "Guess I was right."

"They said I looked bad, well, that's an understatement but..." Y/n drifts off into his thoughts, he lets his head droop as he relives those horrid experiences in his head. "I don't know anymore..."

Musashi leans forward and reaches out to pat Y/n's head, ruffling his hair. "Obviously I'm blind, so I really don't care if you look bad or not." His lips curve into a smile. "But I really like your voice. It's... soothing."

Y/n's attitude lightens as he lifts his head. "...Really?"

"Really! If you want to talk about something, then rant away. It's better than constant silence. Hah, Even old books make me bored at times."

Y/n smiles widely as he feels his face warm up. "I've never heard anyone compliment my voice before, thank you... it means a lot to me."

"Hm" Musashi's lips curve slightly into a light smile. I think I'll like this little guy.

This seems a little less detailed compared to other oneshots, that's because it took an unusually long time to write this out. I got writers block ;-;

Don't worry! To those who requested oneshots: I drafted them all so I'll remember to do them in the next century ;u;