Nico x reader: My Eyes Keep Making Waterfalls!!!

The inmates from building 13, 5, and 3 rest while they still can in the management office in the underground prison. Y/N walks over to Nico, who is still catching his breathe.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asks.

"Oh, me? I'm fine... no need to worry..." His insecure tone makes her worry even more, Nico's medicine is whats keeping him sane and alive but he doesn't have it now.

-Skipping Forward A Little-

"Y/N?! Nico?! Why are you here?!!?" Upa shouts, annoyed to see that the two stayed behind.

"I can fight too!! I can help!" Y/N pleads.

"I wanted to see you fighting up close! Could you repeat that last line from the last episode?" Nico fanboys, making Upa stretch Nico's cheeks.

"Stop fanboying! Anyway, you two hide over in the rocks, its not safe here." He points to a spot in the debris.

"Awww..." Nico sighs, letting Y/N take him over where Upa was pointing.

-Fast Forward A Little More-

"Ni...co?" Y/N's eyes can't help but create waterfalls at the mere sight of that pig, holding Nico by the neck as he goes unconscious, but seeing those bloody bandages it seems like hes dead.

"Y/N, please calm down, its gonna be okay!" Liang tries helping Y/N threw her sorrow by comforting her, but her tears keep falling and her sobs keep coming.

"I-Its not okay! Nico...Nico's hurt, he's going to... die...!" She manages to say a few words in between her sobbing.

The innocent otaku we knew and loved turned into a crazed drug addict in a second, lashing out at Hachiman but shortly following the scent of his medicine that Qi has.

'So he can smell the medicine on me...' Qi takes out the syringe that is filled with Nico's medicine. As the crazed inmate lashes onto him, Qi accidentally drops the syringe while taking a bite to the shoulder by Nico, desperately searching for an escape from the suffering.

"QI YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!" Liang shouts.

Y/N slightly looks up from hearing a faint sound of glass; she realizes the syringe right in front of her. 'I can save him...' She wipes the tears from her face, picking up the syringe. Nico immediately dashes towards Y/N, making her feel helpless. Due to Liang's sense of justice, he takes the hit, crashing into the wall.

"N-Nico... Please...stop this!" She can't help the waterfalls in her eyes, traumatized by what just happened. Nico instantaneously jumping out at Y/N, she shuts her eyes.

"Y/N!!!"

"Y/N!!!"

An awkward silence fills the air, she hesitantly opens her eyes to see Nico stalling.

"Y-Y/N, please... it hurts..." His movements act as if he was having a seizure, shaking immensely. She remembers the syringe she has and stands up, injecting the needle into Nico's neck, making him fall unconscious.

-Timeskip-

"......Y/N!!!!!" Nico jolts up in a cold sweat as if he had a nightmare, surprising Liang, Upa, and Y/N. Y/N smiles at the fact that he is back to his old self, giving Nico a big hug.

"Y/N, why are you crying? Did I hurt you?" Nico notices Y/N's bandaged right arm that is tinted in red; it wasn't there before.

"Don't worry, I'm alright but I'm more worried about you!! It was so scary...!" She cries tears of joy.