Elf x reader: Welcome Home

Requested by: @Lily7021

One foot after the other, Y/n's mind focuses itself back into reality. She doesn't seem to remember ever walking down such a dark and eerie hall. The silent tension in the air rise as if it were choaking her.

"Who...Who's there?" Y/n frantically calls out, her voice echoing. Paranoia gets the best of her as she is convinced that something's walking behind her but no footsteps are heard. 'Okay, deep breaths. I can do this. All I need to do is look behind me. No one is there.'  Y/n counts down from five, each number resulting in a deep breath.

5...
4....
3.....
2......
1........

She whips her head around without another thought, her body goes into full lockdown as she sees a blonde headed figure in front of her. Her breathing out of control as her body trembles, hard to even stand properly as she can hear her heart beating and beating like something it punching her in the chest.

Piercing emerald eyes stare back into her soul, it's arms moving swiftly to her knee. A sharp wave of agony coming from her left leg makes her stumble and fall. Her vision fades into darkness.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Y/n shoots up from laying down in a completely different setting. In a cold sweat with a heap of rapid breathing, she reaches to her side to turn off her alarm clock. "Only a dream..." She gives a long exhale in relief, getting up from her bed to go change into her uniform for work.

Nanba —

"Did you have another nightmare, again?" Okina says as a puff of smoke leaves his cigarette. He spins his chair around to face Y/n. She nods silently.

He lets out a sigh as he puts his cigarette out on the ash tray placed at her desk. "I figured. You seem rather paranoid today, like any other day where you've had a nightmare." He rests his hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, it was just a nightmare and nothing more. Rest easy." Y/n looks up to face Okina. Only to see that he is gone.

Jolting up immediately in a panic, Y/n's heart races as she gets up from the sofa she fell asleep on. 'I fell asleep?' Looking at the clock, it was almost time to end her shift. Y/n takes a moment to look at her surroundings, she couldn't recall anything when she was awake beforehand.

"I need some fresh air..." Y/n fast walks down the hall to hopefully find an exit. This part of the prison didn't feel familiar to her at all, no one seemed to really be present either. It's almost like she just woke up in another world. The rising tension in the still air made it hard to breathe.

"Who...Who's there?" Y/n frantically calls out, her voice echoing. Paranoia gets the best of her as she is convinced that something's walking behind her but no footsteps are heard. Okay, deep breaths. I can do this. All I need to do is look behind me. No one is there. Y/n counts down from five, each number resulting in a deep breath.

5...
4....
3.....
2......
1........

She whips her head around without another thought, her body goes into full lockdown as she sees a blonde headed figure in front of her. Her breathing out of control as her body trembles, hard to even stand properly as she can hear her heart beating and beating like something it punching her in the chest.

"Wait, it's you from my dream!" Now that she thinks about it, this is a replica of what happened in her dream. Okay, he goes for my knee. All I need to do is dodge and pin him down! Confidence builds in Y/n's mind as she dashes away from the blonde as he misses his strike towards her leg.

"What the hell do you want with me? We can talk this ou—" Her sentence is cut off by the sudden pair of lips clashing against her own. The blonde wraps his arms around her, tightening the embrace to the point where Y/n struggles to breathe. Her cries muffled by the kiss as some oily, disgusting liquid is forced down her throat.

The man loosens his grip around her. Y/n tries keeping her balance but her vision begins to sway, making her stumble and fall. She makes an effort to look up at the man who has a devious smile plastered on. He casually makes his way to the woozy girl and lifts her chin up with his thumb.

As Y/n's vision slowly fades, all she hears is a faint whisper from the man. More fuel to her nightmares.

"Welcome home"

— ★ —

This oneshot is kinda short and basically replays a half of itself, welp ;-;