Liang x reader: Survivor

Requested by: @MakosBackstroke4DAYZ

"You should train harder, you barely made progress from the last match." Liang, at a young age, beats little Y/N at another sparring match. She holds herself up, her legs shaking from her exhaustion.

They've been sparring for the whole day, only taking short breaks for snacks then fighting once more. Liang looks down on Y/N for how weak she may be, she gets tired so easily and barely puts up a threat.

"Even if I 'barely' made progress, I'm still progressing! Its not like I'm doing nothing!" She forces herself to stand up straight, her eyes staring back at him. Thats the thing that kept Y/N in this martial arts temple; her determination.

She has the will to train, but she doesn't make it last. Its not that shes that weak, but she just doesn't care too much.

Especially when shes hungry...

"I think we can call it a day! C'mon, I heard a new stand opened up near the temple that sells dangos(japanese dumplings)!" Y/N snatches her friends hand, pulling him to the dango stand.

Liang tries pulling back. "Are you really that hungry? A couple hours ago we just had snacks alread-" His stomach grumbles loudly, rudely interrupting him.

Y/N giggles along with a reply. "You were saying?"

"L-Lets just get the food and get back to training..." He gives in, letting his friend drag him along.

The two sit at the stairs to the entrance of the martial arts temple, munching on some dangos. After a few minutes of silence, eating the dangos, Y/N breaks that silence after finishing her food.

"See?! I told you this was a good idea! I bet if I wasn't at this temple to look out for your health, you would've hurt yourself!"

"Consuming food is needed but its just another interruption from my training."

"Its always training with you... Is that all you ever do?"

"It has to be if I have to get stronger!"

"Liang... I worry about you sometimes, I wouldn't want my bestest friend to get hurt or strained!"

"I would never in a million years! After all, sensei said I might even surpass him one day!"

"Awwww! I'm still bummed about that, why rub it in!" Y/N pouts. Liang tries cheering her up by saying, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll catch up!"

-Present-

"Is it about Y/N again?" Upa starts the conversation to his friend, who has been starring up to the sky for quite some time with a calm but sorrowful expression.

"I guess, she was just so... alive. So cheerful even though she had it the hardest, I just wish she could still be in this world." He replies, awfully calm about it all.

"One way or another you'll have to get over this, because theres one thing you missed."

"What... do you mean by that?" Liang looks back to face him.

"A new guard just came here today, I'm sure she would want to know you're okay." Upa gives a sly smirk, filling Liang with hope that the guard he mentioned was really her. Without saying a word, he runs over to the entrance of his cell, seeing her; Y/N.

"My my, I leave for like a few years and you get stuck in the most formidable prison?! I knew you had to rely on me!" That nostalgic voice, Y/N didn't change one bit.

"I thought it burned down, the temple..."

"I'm afraid everyone else passed along with it, but I'm its last survivor. You thought I couldn't handle a little heat? I kept to my word when I said that I was gonna catch up to you!" She gives a peace sign along with her silly smile, making Liang chuckle.

"You really haven't changed..."