05 | hunter, jared cameron

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

TITLE!
— hunter

CHARACTERS!
— jared cameron x reader

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Since when you were little, your dad taught you his favorite hobby which is; Archery. You and your brother would always hit the center and your family is still as proud as ever. But then, your dad thought that at the right age then maybe he would taught you and your brother on hunting.

Your dad was a famous hunter back in Carolina Parakeet. In the woods he would love to hear the silence and his face would contort with concentration and determination. Deers were always his target, but if he could get any lucky then he would be able to kill grizzly bears or even wolves.

When you turned thirteen and your brother fourteen, your dad started to teach the common things you'll be doing during hunting. The practices everyday was more intense and more silent. You were not really a fan of silence, the main thought had always scared you. Though because of this hobby, it vanished.

Since then when your family moved to Forks for a calm and steady stay, you loved the green trees and specifically the large lot of woods. Already knowing that you and your brother would be spending a lot of time in the woods in the later future.

It's been a month and you and your partner, of course your brother, decided to hunt into the woods. You are now at the legal age of eighteen while your brother is nineteen, with that being said your dad left you on your first mission without him being on your side.

You're not really familiar with Forks yet unlike living in Carolina, so you and your brother thought it's gonna be fine to stick up for this day. You don't want to really get lost out in the woods, footprints is the only map that could lead you back. But of course it'd be unfortunate for you if it rains, the footprints would disappear.

Once going further in the woods, you started on picking one of the arrows as you placed it gently on the middle of your silver bow, your extincts told you something was really off and you're not very much sure if you'd be shooting a dear today.

Your brother has been seeing the footprints of something else but not a deer. He couldn't comprehend what it was, since you and your brother only hunt deers mainly.

You told your brother to split up and just meet back once you blow your whistle. You looked further through the woods until a wolf howl made you stopped on your tracks.

no. I can't kill wolves. I don't-

It almost took your breath away as you saw it's body. It's color was a mesmerizing darker shade of brown with a little bit of black. And what makes you more confusing is it's size, incredibly big size. You're not very much sure if this was the wolves your father would kill like.

You held onto your silver bow and steadied your breath to focus on hitting the wolf, you knew yourself you can't kill it. But one try wouldn't hurt right?

It suddenly looked at you, making you more nervous.

You can kill it like your father did. You can make him proud.

Pulling the string back, you aimed the arrow right at the center of the wolf's head. Oddly enough it didn't look mad nor furious, it seems as if though it's fine for him if someone would try to shoot him. But this made you feel pity for the wolf, you can't kill that creature— ugh!

You sighed as you lowered your bow, facepalming mentally. You just have to waste your chance on killing that and making your father more happier to your success. You lowered your head, ashamed of yourself. You are supposed to be a hunter! Not a coward for goodness sake!

You looked up to see the wolf intensely looking at you, you looked back at it. It's still frustrating you how it didn't killed you yet, you slowly melt to it's beautiful eyes and almost wanted a hug from the wolf.

it's beautiful.

It feels like there was a gravitational pull that the wolf is making, but if you were to hug it you wouldn't be happier enough. You slowly walked towards the wolf, dropping your bow on purpose, what the hell is this wolf doing to me?

[ name ]!

You looked at your brother who aimed his bow and arrow to the wolf, and pull entirely then letting the string go. For you everything went slow-mo, yet you were quick enough to get ahold of it as it was nearing the wolf's face. You had always been used to this incidents for it was also part of your training.

❝ Wh-what are you doing! that thing could kill you! ❞

❝ I- it won't kill me. It didn't! ❞

❝ It didn't yet! run [ name ]! We have to kill it! ❞ He said, getting another arrow from his quiver as he steadied himself on shooting it,

You blocked the wolf's way, feeling his heavy breathing on your back as you placed your hand on it's face. ❝ Please [ brother's name ], this wolf is different! we have to let it go. ❞

His face was contorted, full of rage. He does not understand his own sister, ❝ What are you talking about?! We're hunters! We are supposed to kill animals! ❞

❝ Yes! I know that! But wolves isn't what we mainly kill, maybe when we reach the age of twenty but not now! It's too innocent to die! ❞

He chuckled darkly ❝ Innocent? what the hell! that creature killed someone before! ❞

Your eyes widen at the sudden realization, you looked back at it as you saw there was a blank emotion on it's eyes. You sighed, no you will let this wolf go. ❝ No, [ brother's name ]. I'm gonna let it go. ❞

❝ Are you out of your mind?! ❞

❝ Please, just this one. Then we can kill wolves but except this. ❞ you hastily looked at your brother, eyes pleading and hands still alerted.

He pulled the roots of his hair, frustrated. Nodding his head, he just couldn't let his sister and partner down. ❝ Only this! Then we're killing anything in sight. ❞

She grinned and nodded, looking back again to the wolf who stayed there looking deeply into her eyes.

❝ Go back there as to where you belong, wolfy. I hope I can see you soon, ❞ she smiled and caught the wolf by surprise as she hugged it.

She lets go and looked at it once more, examining it's features as she waved at it. She went to his brother again as they went off

my imprint, you surely are gonna see me soon.