o6 | sam uley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

note : so when i re-read this chapter
to start editing, i realized it's too harsh.
so i deleted all the scenes and made
a new one. although the plot is still the
same so im still setting off a warning.

-

warning : trigger warning, abusive,
mention of death.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

it was another day and another tragedy with your aunt along with her children.

sure she's your aunt and in everybody's eyes she was treating you like a queen, but wrong. she doesn't at all, she treated you awfully starting when your parents died because of a car crash.

apparently your aunt was close to your mom, but was having an affair with your dad - that's why when she got the news, she blamed it all to you. she made you suffer even if you didn't deserve it one bit.

mother said be good, father said be nice. that was always their advice- ❞ you stopped your morning reminder from into the woods when you heard your cousin screaming for you to go down.

you hurriedly went downstairs and met your cousin named noah, pointing over the mess he made and went back to his seat to watch God knows what.

you then crouched down and cleaned all the papers that's been thrown everywhere - some marker inks were spilt as you cleaned it with a dirty cloth. his table was a mess with different cases stocked on it

in the middle of the cleaning, you heard the twin of your cousin, norah- screaming for your mom to go down along with her twin.

❝ they know mom! ❞

her mom looked at her confused as she sipped her drink and looked at her, ❝ know what? ❞

❝ that noah killed cain and that we stole their jewelries and money! ❞ you gasped but tried your hardest to not be seen. continuing to clean even if the floor is now spotless.

from there you could hear your aunt's laugh, ❝ we'll tell them that [ name ] told us to do it. ❞

your eyes widen and went over to them, begging that they won't do it as the cousins laughed endlessly. despite the rubbish clothes - you still begged for them.

a knock on the door can be heard followed by the introduction of the police, your aunt went over in a calm state and greeted them with a such angelic aura.

❝ hello officers, what can i do for you? ❞ she said,

the officers stood their ground and read the article in hand out loud, ❝ Good Morning everyone, I'm Chief Swan of Forks. Mrs. Silivia Kaleigh together with your son and daughter- Noah Kaleigh and Norah Kaleigh, you are under arrested for robbering jewelries and money from the Tuan Family. And as well as for killing Cain Tuan. ❞

Your aunt flinched but played along, as if scared and slowly pointing at you ❝ but o-officer!, why didn't you mention my niece here? she's the one who forced us to rob and kill cain! ❞

you looked at the officers and almost cried, shaking your head no. but the bruises on your face and down to the rest of your body shows that you weren't doing it yourself and that you were abused by none other by these imbeciles.

❝ we got a report from one of your maid as well ma'am, her name was Kaitlyn Jones. She said you're abusing your own niece together with Norah and Noah. For that being said, her bruises is apparent that you did it. That's an additional for your case - now if you would just come with me to the police station and explain it there. ❞

They truly didn't see that coming, they looked at you and almost charged but was stopped by the handcuffs that cuffed their hands from doing so.

When your aunt and your cousins got inside, Chief Swan went over to you. ❝ you okay, kid? ❞

you smiled and nodded, ❝ much better now that they're away from me. ❞

❝ i'm sorry about your parents. ❞ he said and looked at you sadly, you just smiled and nodded. and with that, he placed a hand on your shoulder.

❝ it's better to live longer - to explore the world and to find the meaning of life. than to die early just because someone hurt you physically and mentally. ❞ with that off they went to the police station leaving you there.

" time to go " you thought and hurriedly went to your room, grabbing all the necessary things to be brought on your travel bag. taking a quick shower and after, wearing a proper clothes that you used to wear a long time ago back when your parents were alive.

you remember the credit and debit card that your parents gave you at the age of eighteen, that was two years ago. back when you were working for them, you earned enough money for yourself.

" that's enough to rent a small house, and then work. " you said to yourself then quickly looked around the room check if there's some things that should be brought - seeing that it's clear, you left the house.

but right when you stepped outside and entered the woods thinking that there's a much quicker way out, you totally regretted it.

❝ crap, i forgot the way ou- ❞

❝ miss? ❞ a male of deep voice caught your attention as you swiftly turned your head to him and his friends,

sure you were embarrassed, so to show that you're there in the woods for a good intention - you waved and smiled awkwardly.

❝ what are you doing here? it's dangerous. ❞ he said, you looked at the skies finding it a great company just for you to not stare at them being shirtless.

you chuckled, ❝ ugh, erm. i kinda, sorta . . ❞

❝ you're lost. ❞

you looked back at the same person who questioned you earlier and now answered, staring at him with a nod but slightly felt the gravitational pull.

suddenly, things didn't feel so bad anymore - like someone just came into your life outta nowhere and just brought you to somewhere that you could possibly call as the fantasy world.

after what seem like forever after gazing right through each others' souls, he finally said something.

❝ i'll help you ❞

with a grateful nod, you smiled at him and to the others as well. slightly bowing in respect as the guy you had a staring contest with earlier walked towards you,

❝ uh- er, this way. ❞

❝ oh right. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

you guys deserve a loooong update,
so here it is! i hope you love this!

xx