2.3

Edited 19th June 2019

Chapter 3

Elle felt a little lighter upon her return to the States. She had of course broke down over a bowl of ice cream with Charlie besides her the whole time. She managed to even earn a few gallons running around watering all the dragons and their carers; and managed to meet the baby horntail that Charlie had gifted her. However he still didn't have a name and Charlie had become his personal nanny. 

It had only been a week so Elle still had moments like the time when she sat on the plane back to the US and spotted a young girl reading a trashy gossip magazine, She and Jasper  used to spend time just laughing at. Or the way a blonde boy would smile in her direction flirty but all Elle could do was smiled back and ignore him the rest of the journey. Even being dragged to a wizard bar with Charlie and his female co-workers so Elle could at least forget Jasper for the night but Elle would still  find faults with them, like the hair wasn't curly enough or blonde enough, they were too tall or too skinny or they don't have the right accent. 

The cab finally pulled up in front of her house at 9.30pm the depressing sight of the rain didn't help her mood. She paid the driver and giving a bigger tip that she would've normally give; she jumped right out of the cab and in to the sheltered front porch just as her dad answered the door. . 

"Elle" Charlie Swan greeted hugging her, "we must really get you a key" he chuckled. 

He was dressed in his uniform ready for the night shift at ten but the large bags under his eyes showed his lack of sleep. Elle shot him a look and Charlie sighed "Yeah, it's been hell of week" he replied "I can't get Bella to eat" he gave a pause and looked at his eldest twin. "Can't get her to do anything maybe you could help?" He asked hope riding in his brown eyes

"I'll try" She promised him and he kissed her cheek and exited out the front door. Elle looked around the room and gave a sigh.

It hadn't changed since she last left; the smells and sights still the same; Elle looked to the stairs and to her bag, sighing she headed for her twin's room where it was confusingly empty. 

Elle gave a heavy sigh and knew exactly where she was. Closing the door she headed for her own room and sure enough Elle's baby sister was laid in her bed wrapped like a human burrito; she didn't move or react to the sound of the door being open nor to Elle  dropping her bag and kicking the shoes off her feet. 

She didn't move or mutter as Elle climbed in to the bed with her, the brown comforter Elle stole from Jasper snuggled deep by Bella's face.  The heart broken teen finally gave in when Elle wrapped herself around her sister and squeezed her tightly. 

"Hush It will be okay" She replied softly to her "everything will be okay I promise" she cried harder, Bella was sobbing, loud ugly strangled noises came from her sister as all her pain left her. Elle sighed, her own tears falling from her own eyes. 

"Let it out" She cried with her sister "Come on" She encouraged and Bella hiccuped and breathed heavily. 

"It hurts" she sobbed Elle pushed her own pain away; giving her sister the moment she needed.  

"It will do but you have fight through the pain" She replied,"We both do" Elle sat her up and waved her wand muttering a small 'accio' ice-cream; and two large slow melting ice-cream came from the freezer and to them. Elle handed her sister a spoon and the tub of ice-cream. 

"Wanna watch re-runs of Friends?" Elle asked her and Bella nodded, eating the ice-cream hungrily. Elle used the remote to turn everything on and leave her wand on the bedside and she got comfy just as the catchy tune started.