4.5🇬🇧

Edited 23rd June 2019

Elle rushed through the hospital doors at human pace, pure and utter panic rippled through her face, she changed her hair again and it was now short and combed back a single braid down the centre. She wore blue contacts that blurred her vision slightly but it didn't matter all that mattered was her father - Charlie. 

Carlisle had received a phone call one that had stated the police of Chief had been in a serious accident the storm had blown a tree in to his car, according to Carlisle there wasn't much they could do and Elle had completely broken down. Her lemon filled tears didn't help her blurred visions and Jasper had to lead her, his own eyes immediately darkening as he smelt the blood from the upper floors and the theatre; but his concern for his own mate over ruled his need for hunt.

"Charlie Swan?" Elle asked the women behind the counter; she didn't even look from the computer but continued to click away at the keyboard.

"Are you a relation to the patient?" the  receptionist asked in a slow tone.

"Yes I'm his -" she stopped she couldn't possibly mention she was Elle, who according to the town died almost a year ago.

"Ashlee?" Bella asked and Elle turned, Ashlee was her cover name.

"It's okay" Bella replied to the receptionist. "This is Ashlee Dwyer my step sister" Elle and Jasper were taken back at Bella's sudden ability to lie. She wasn't very good but here she was damn near perfect.

"Sorry Bella, but immediate family only" the receptionist replied with a sigh

"Please, just let Ashlee" Bella begged "she needs to say goodbye, my mom is on her way but I have no one" Bella replied pulling on the heart strings of the receptionist and the receptionist gave a heavy sigh

"Okay fine but just this once" Bella and Elle nodded and then rushed through to the ICU Ward Jasper not far behind her.

There was six beds on the small but yet large ward. Only three occupied, one being their father. Elle and Bella noticed the one around Chief Swan, has curtains closed and there was three shadows.

Bella pulled the curtain back slowly and Elle stumbled back in to Jasper's arms unable to take her eyes from the sight.

There lied defenceless was their strong always smiling father. But today he wasn't strong and he wasn't smiling, he looked frail, broken and bruised. Tubes, wires and god knowns what else was hooked up him. Brusing and blood caked his skin and a cast covered his left leg and right arm. Tubes were down his throat and up his nose, he had bloody nose and bruised eyes; the cover was up to his cast arm which was from the tips of his middle finger right up to his arm, propped up high in the air. Elle bit back a sob.

Carlisle was one of the shadows, a clip board in his hands as he checked over Charlie; a sad but professional look in his eye, as he turned to see Elle and Bella, greeting them with a tight smile. 

The other two were two officers from the station; the older one of them stood up and allowed Bella to sit in his chair, the one closest to her father. Bella immediately grasped hold of his un-casted hand.

"Bella, I can't even" the older one started, his blue eyes watered and he ran a hand through his dark blonde short hair; he took a heavy breath and Bella just smiled tightly at him.

"How did it even happen?" Bella asked numbly to anyone who would listen

"We got a call from Seattle that some nut case was giving them a run around; your dad, he was already in his cruiser,  he decided to help with the chase tried to cut him off just before entrance of the woods; But the other person was too fast, skidded in the wet roads and hit Charlie head on, he tailed span right off  Clearwater Bridge"