Ch 43 - Tests and Terms

So your arrangement from your mother tried to have her cousin steal your fiancè. With those three working together and the madness over from shooting up a temple to a Goddess figure it's time to sit down and get to business. Not sure which way this can go.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

When you think of office you think of a desk of some size, drawers underneath, and maybe a computer or lamp on top. Well scratch all of that with a throne for a seat, marble counter, and guards on her side and behind all of you against the door. You held Mizore's hand as you started to sweat.

"You know boy if you keep holding her hand like that you're going to get her pregnant." She smirked.

"Well she already is. Wait. That actually a thing?" You sweatdropped.

"Trying to clear the air. It's now come to my attention that fire people have tried to corrupt my people. I was foolish."

"You mean well My Lady. And I promise I will help. I just want to marry this girl next to me. It is her birthday after all."

"That it is. Congratulations Mizore Shirayuki. And you mister...."

"(FN) (LN). Glad we can talk under better circumstances. It's no hard feelings. So you can get to business any time."

"I am grateful you stopped that man. If he was going to corrupt our people and mishandle someone especially to a pregnant woman he has no business on this land."

"Agreed."

"So you can help us out with those people?"

"Yes. I'd like to also finish Yokai and find a job around here. I have a family soon. And if it is really twins I need to have a good income."

"We ladies take very good care of the children. That you do not have to worry."

"It's more to it than just that. I want them to have the better life. One I never had. I don't want them moving house to house every two weeks to six months. Or not having parents that are corrupt. I'll be at every birthday, award, and everything else. That's what I want to be."

"Rainer..." Mizore looked over and saw you almost about to lose it.

"Well then. Let's negotiate business. Shall we?"

"What do you have on the table?"

She gathers herself and take a deep breath. Then leans against her counter of a desk.

"Tomorrow we will give you your wedding."

Sparkle went into your eyes. "Huh?"

"I have more. I'll get you something lined up. Water and ice jobs are common around here as you can imagine. Your in laws will have to be your place to stay for a few weeks until we can get some housing available. And we can have you attend school and finish at Yokai. The both of you."

"This is so much. Thank you."

"But I have another offer on the table for you."

"You struck gold and still negotiating? What's your game Miss. Preistess?"

"This organization that man and your mother are in. Simple. Be my spy and rewards are handsome. Simple to it."

"I'll have to think about that one. At the moment it's not my main focus."

"Very well. I have to apologize for what I have done to my people. I shall repair my temple and search for better assistance."

"Anything else?"