Atonement for Sins

LEVITICUS CHAPTER 16

Memory Verse

    "This shall be an everlasting statute for you, to make atonement for the children of Israel, for all their sins, once a year.” And he did as the Lord commanded Moses.
Leviticus 16:34 NKJV

God's Word

    The Atonement is a reconciliation of people to God. It is very crucial to make this kind of an offering yearly without any changes in the life of the people.
    So that, this everlasting statute was fulfilled by our Lord Jesus Christ.

    “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.  For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Matthew 5:17‭-‬18 NKJV

    And because of what the Lord Jesus Christ had done on the cross of calvary, we are now free to enter in God's holiness without any kind of burnt offering for atonement of our sins, for our Lord Jesus Christ Himself became an offering, for us to be free indeed from the slavery of sins.

    Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing the services. But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people’s sins committed in ignorance; the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience— concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation. But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
Hebrews 9:6‭-‬15 NKJV

  For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
Romans 5:6‭-‬11 NKJV

   Let us always think of the things that the Lord Jesus Christ had done for us. Don't make it in vain by not changing our lives.

God's Character

   He is the Way

God's Promises

   He will help me to become more like Jesus

Life Application

   I will live as a changed person, for my Lord Jesus Christ made Himself as an atonement for my sins

For Your Support:

Union Bank Account:
Jomar G. Geronimo
109658543477

BPI Bank Account
Jomar G. Geronimo
1289495556

GCash/Paymaya/Coins
Jomar Geronimo
09508992162

Paypal
ypiconfire@gmail.com

Thank You And May Our Lord Jesus Christ Bless you...