2

Alison's POV:
Tonight's Noel Khan's big Halloween party. And everyone, even the losers of Rosewood were invited. The girls and I were walking to Spencer's as we talked about what we were gonna wear for our costumes.

Alison: "What're you guys thinking of wearing tonight?"

Emily: "Ben's wanting me to go as a sexy cop..but I'm thinking an Indian girl."

I lightly bit my lip thinking of her in that sexy cop uniform. But, I snapped out of my thoughts before I seemed too out of it by the girls.

Hanna: "I'm thinking Brittany Spears."

Aria: "Which one? Her two thousand seven breakdown? Or her school girl phase?"

Alison: "What do you think Em? Should Hanna be cute Brittany, or bald Brittany."

Emily: "Well, she's not gonna shave her head."

Alison: "Fine. But you better hope the costume store doesn't have the crappy Brittany costumes."

We giggled as we continued walking.

Aria: "I'm thinking about going as a witch."

Alison: "Nice. Can I do your makeup?"

Aria: "Duh!"

Spencer: "Nice one Aria. I'm thinking Mary Queen of Scots."

Hanna: "Okay. Nobody knows who that is."

Spencer: "On 24 July 1567, she was forced to abdicate in favour of James, her one-year-old son by Darnley. After an unsuccessful attempt to regain the throne, she fled southwards seeking the protection of her first cousin once removed, Queen Elizabeth I of England. Mary had previously claimed Elizabeth's throne as her own and was considered the legitimate sovereign of England by many English Catholics, including participants in a rebellion known as the Rising of the North. Perceiving her as a threat, Elizabeth had her confined in a number of castles and manor houses in the interior of England. After eighteen and a half years in custody, Mary was found guilty of plotting to assassinate Elizabeth, and was subsequently executed."

Alison: "Spencer, chill out. Too much caffeine."

Spencer: "Sorry."

Aria: "What about you Alison?"

Emily: "Yeah. What're you gonna wear?"

Alison: "You'll see later tonight."

   We got to Spencer's and looked online for our costumes to see if they had them so we didn't waste our time going there. Luckily, they had everything we needed. So, Spencer's older sister, Melissa, took us to the costume shop. We all tried on our costumes, well everyone but Emily. She was still looking for the perfect one. I told the other girls they could head back to Spencer's. Melissa didn't look like she was in a good mood.

Emily: "Ali! This is impossible. I'm never going to find the right one."

Alison: "Okay. I'll look for one, and you just sit down and relax. Okay?"

Emily: "Have fun."

   I browsed the wall of costumes and in seconds I found one. It matches her skin tone and it looked really cute.

Alison: "Here. Try this on."

   Emily held it in her hands and looked at it. She gave me a "are you kidding me?" look. She got up and went into the fitting room. I sat outside and waited for her to come out but she didn't.