26

One Year Later..
Emily's POV:
It's been a year since Ali and I started dating. To our shock..we had twins. Two healthy, beautiful baby girls, Lily and Grace. They look so much like Alison, I'm gonna have to assume so does the father. But I don't like to think about that too much.
   I was feeding the girls their peas, and they weren't having it. I was sitting in a black chair with wheels to get around easier.

Emily: "Alright, here you go."

   Lily made a gross face as I fed her the pees.

Emily: "Yeah, is that a no? You don't like peas? It's awful, isn't it? What about you Grace? Grace, wanna try the peas? You wanna-no? Okay, why do I get the feeling like both of your first words are gonna be no?"

   I put the spoon down and looked over to see Alison standing by watching me and the kids with a smile on her face.

Emily: "Hi."

Alison: "Hi."

Emily: "Can you grab Lily?"

Alison: "Of course. I can't stay for very long though, I have that meeting with Jen Gerstenblatt."

Emily: "Oh right."

Alison picked up Lily as I held Grace in my arms.

Alison: "Oh, good girl. I'm gonna miss you. Bye Lily, bye Grace."

Alison kissed them both on the heads as she handed Lily to me. I placed her on my hip.

Alison: "I love you."

Emily: "I love you too."

Ali leaned in and pecked my lips as I walked to the living room.

Alison's POV:
   I lied to Emily, there was no meeting with Jen Gerstenblatt. I was going to meet her mom, Pam. I needed to talk to her about Emily. I want to ask Emily to marry me, it's only been a year..but it's been many other years of love between us. Even if we were never official or even if she didn't know my true feelings. They were still there. I feel bad I can't ask Wayne, but I'm sure Emily, him, and Pam would appreciate me asking her mom.
I drove to Pam's house and knocked on her door. When she answered I was greeted with a hug and a warm smile.

Pam: "Come on in honey."

Alison: "Thank you."

Pam: "How are Emily and the girls?"

Alison: "They're amazing. Emily is so great with kids."

Pam: "I know. I always knew she'd be an amazing mother."

Alison: "So did I."

Pam: "So what brings you here?"

Alison: "I wanted to ask you for your permission, to ask Emily to marry me."

Pam: "Oh Alison, of course. Do you have a ring yet?"

Alison: "No, I was waiting on your approval first. Because I wanted you to help me pick out the ring too."

Pam: "Well, good thing you didn't. I have my grandmothers ring, you can have that for Emily. My grandpa proposed to my grandma with it, my dad proposed to my mom with it, Wayne proposed to me with it, and now it's Emily's turn. It's getting cleaned as we speak, but I can bring it to Aria's rehearsal dinner on Friday night if you'd like?"

Alison: "I would love that. Thank you Mrs.Fields."

Pam: "Honey, you can call me Pam. And then mother in law!"

Alison: "I'm honestly so excited already to ask her. I've loved your daughter for so long and it feels good to finally say it out loud."

Pam: "I know she feels the same way honey."

I smiled and looked at the time. I was gonna be later for work if I didn't leave now.

Alison: "I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to go, I don't wanna be late to work. Thank you so much for your help."

Pam: "Not a problem. Have a great day and give a hug and kiss to the girls for me."

We hugged and I headed outside to my car and drove to work with a smile plastered to my face.