39

Alison's POV:
  It's been two years since the divorce was finalized. I was talking to Lily and Grace over the phone and after hearing about how much they needed me and missed me, I decided to move back to Rosewood. I packed up my few small boxes of personal items and gave everything else away to those in need. My dad said it was okay to live with him for awhile until I got back on my own feet. I have a ton of money saved up so that shouldn't be too hard.
   After the long drive I finally arrived home. I decided it was more important to see my girls first but I wanted to surprise them. When I pulled into their driveway I noticed an unfamiliar car. Em must've bought them a car to share for their sixteenth birthday. I opened the front door slowly and lightly called out. No one answered. I walked in and looked around downstairs to see no one was there. I walked up the stairs and could hear faint noises coming from one of the rooms. I looked in the girls' rooms and found no one in them. A force of habit caused me to open our old bedroom door. When I opened it..my heart broke into a million pieces. Emily was laying back on the bed with a girl on top of her as they made out. They were fully clothed, thank god, but still. Emily opened her eyes for a split second and saw me. She got up quickly making the girl fall on the bed.

Emily: "A-Alison."

   Tears were now streaming down my face as I ran down the stairs. Emily kept calling after me as I ran out of the house. I got in my car and struggled to put the keys in the ignition. I sped off and went to the brew to try and calm down.
   When I pulled up to the brew it was closed for renovations. So I drove to the kissing rock. Shockingly it was still there after all of this time. I got out of my car and walked up to the dusty old rock. I sat in the ground next to it and looked at mine and Emily's initials painted onto it. It was kind of faded but you knew what it said. I brushed my hand over it as a few more tears fell from my eyes.

Alison: "God Emily, why did you have to do this to us? I thought we meant the world to each other? I loved you with everything I had, I still do. I should hate you for breaking up our family. I should hate you for breaking mine and our babies hearts. I should hate you for bringing another woman into our house. I should hate you for bringing her into our bed. I should hate you for letting her kiss your lips. I should hate you for everything you've done."

Emily: "But you don't."

   I whipped my head so fast I could've broken it. I saw a heart broken Emily standing before me. She had tears running down her face, more than I did, which seemed impossible. I stood up and walked over to her. Just inches away from her. I had on my famous Ali D bitch face on. I raised my hand and went to go slap her, but Emily caught my arm in hers. I tried to grab it back from her but she held onto it really tight. She pulled me into her and kissed me. She kissed me with all she had like her life depended on it. I didn't want to kiss her back but god..she was my kryptonite. I was so angry and upset with her but she was all I wanted. I gave in and kissed her back. I loosened up under her touch and Emily's grip around my arm faded. I grabbed her face pulling her closer to me as I deepened the kiss. I could taste the salty tears that had stained her lips. It only made me want to cry more. I pulled away from her and hugged her. I hugged her so hard I could've killed her. I held onto her so tight. I feared that if I let go of her I'd never get her back.

Alison: "Don't let me go."

Emily: "I never wanted to."

Alison: "A divorce doesn't sound like that."

Emily: "We're not divorced."

Alison: "I signed those papers, yes we are."

Emily: "I never sent them in. They sent you yours, yes. But when they sent me mine..I never signed them. I sent them back and told them to act like I never came in."

Alison: "Wait..what!?"

Emily: "I jus-"

Alison: "You let me think we weren't married for TWO YEARS!?"

Emily: "I wanted to tell you. But you seemed so happy! You were doing such a great job at your new job and I didn't want to mess that up. I wanted to wait a little to make sure you were ready to hear it."

Alison: "I would've been ready TWO YEARS AGO EMILY!"

Emily: "I know, I'm sorry. I am so sorry Alison. I wish I could take it back."

Alison: "Emily...I want to be so mad at you right now. I want to yell at you and hit you so fucking hard. But..I love you so much. I've missed you so much. I've missed us. You're all i think about and you're all I want. I wish I could hate you for keeping this from me...but I can't. Not when I want you back so much."

Emily: "I want you back Alison Lauren Dilaurentis."

Alison: "Fields."

Emily: "What?"

Alison: "My name is Alison Lauren Dilaurentis-Fields."

   Emily smiled and pulled me back into her arms. I kissed her cheek over and over and let more tears fall to her clothes. But these...these were happy tears. I finally have my family back. I finally have my life back. I finally have my Emily back. I should hate her but I'm so happy she never finalized the divorce. I love her with my entire being.