37

Alison's POV:
Emily: "I..I want a divorce."

    My heart sank. I could feel my tears coming but I tried so hard to keep them back.

Alison: "You what?"

Emily: "I want a divorce Alison."

Alison: "Why? There's nothing wrong with us."

Emily: "We fight all the time Ali."

Alison: "So lets go see someone about it. We can see if Dr.Sullivan still has her practice set up."

Emily: "It's too late for that."

Alison: "No Emily, it's not. You'd rather walk away than fight for what's important to you."

Emily: "That's not what this is Alison."

Alison: "Then what is it Emily? Do you..do you not love me anymore? Do you not love our children? This life we built together...does that mean nothing to you anymore?"

Emily: "Of course I love you. I love Lily and Grace more than anything. And every bit of the life we built together means everything to me. But we just need a little space right now."

Alison: "A divorce isn't space Emily! That's..that's giving up. Giving up on me, our family, our love, everything we've ever done. Everything we've ever worked for. God Emily...we have worked our asses of to be where we are right now! We've been through hell and back together and separately to be together. Why would you even think about throwing all of that away?"

Emily: "I don't know Alison."

Alison: "That's not a real answer Emily. How long?"

Emily: "How long what?"

Alison: "How long have you been thinking of this?"

Emily: "A month..maybe two."

Alison: "And you tell me today? On my birthday? You couldn't have told me the second you started thinking about it? The week after? You waited this long!?"

Emily: "I'm sorry Ali."

Alison: "No you're not Emily."

Emily: "Ali I-"

Alison: "Just save it Emily. We can talk about this later."

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I slammed it shut and got into my car. I hit my steering wheel and let out every tear I was holding in. How could Emily do this to me? To Lily and Grace? I just needed time to think so I went to the only place I knew I could get some peace. I went to mine and Emily's spot..the kissing rock. When I arrived I could see the initials painted on the rock from over twenty years ago. They looked as if they were just painted yesterday. I kneeled down next to it and traced the letters. I could feel my heart breaking even more than before.
I heard a branch or two snap and my head whipped itself around. I looked everywhere to find nothing. I heard it again and continued looking around. All of a sudden I was sent back years ago in my head.

Flashback:

I was with Emily at the kissing rock. We had walked there hand in hand talking about nothing and everything. I never told Emily but I loved her more than anything. I wanted to be with her everyday for the rest of my life.
Emily laid down a blanket on the ground she had stuffed in her bag. We sat down and I started writing about Emily in my diary. About how I love her. I could feel Emily staring at me and I smirked. I stopped writing and looked up at her.

Alison: "You know staring is rude right?"

Emily: "I can't help it, you're so beautiful."

Alison: "You're the sweetest thing Em. That's why you're my favorite."

Emily: "Ali..I l-"

Alison: "Don't. Don't ruin this moment. If you say it now...it could ruin what we have. And I don't want that."

I reached for Emily's hand and pulled her closer to me signaling I wanted her to come closer to me. Emily moved towards me, nearly sitting on my lap. I ran my fingers up and down her arm as we looked into each other's eyes. I wanted her to know I felt the exact same way about her as she felt about me...maybe even more. I watched as she looked from my eyes to my lips. I could feel them curving into a smile.

Alison: "I know you wanna kiss me."

Emily: "I never said that."

Alison: "Your eyes do. I see it when you look at me. No one's ever looked at me like that before. And it drives me wild."

At this point our faces were only an inch apart from each other. I closed the gap between us and finally kissed her. We kissed and kissed and kissed. I wanted Emily Fields..forever.

End of flashback..

All of that was playing right in front of me. As if I was the third person. I kept yelling at them to stop but they didn't. Past us just kept kissing and enjoying each other. I kept yelling and yelling.

Alison: "Stop! She's only going to break your heart! God Emily why!? Why why why? Why now!? Why!"

I broke down and fell to the floor crying. This was a nightmare I was never going to wake up from. Whether I liked it or not...Emily and I were getting a divorce. This was the beginning of our ending.