25

Emily's POV:
   Its been a few days since Ali and I fought. But, I can still feel the tension between us. To help us again, I decided to surprise Alison with the babies room. I waited til she got home from work to show her. When she did I walked over to her and took her bags from her and set them down.

Alison: "What're you doing?"

Emily: "Come with me."

   We made our way to Alison's old bedroom. Which I turned into the nursery. I covered Ali's eyes and walked her into the room. She had a hand on top of mine and I smiled. I was really nervous. What if she didn't like it?

Alison: "Em, this really isn't helping with my nausea."

Emily: "Right sorry. You can look now."

   She opened her eyes and smiled as she looked around the room.

Alison: "Where did you find this stuff?"

Emily: "In your attic. I know I should've asked but I wanted to put my energy into something other than fighting."

Alison: "I can't believe my mom kept all of this stuff."

Emily: "Yeah. She had it all packed away. She even wrapped up some of your baby clothes."

Alison: "She may not have been the best mother, but she sure had some taste."

Emily: "Yeah, she did. I'm sorry though. I know this isn't a forever thing and if it's weird I can take it down and-"

Alison: "Its perfect. Thank you Em."

   I smiled and walked over to one of the boxes, picking up a bear. Ali walked across the room to another box and picked up a tiny ballerina.

Alison's POV:
   I was beyond happy and grateful that Emily did this. She's so amazing. It made me think of all the other things she did for me as we grew up.

Alison: "Em, why do you do this?"

Emily: "Do what?"

Alison: "Ever since we were little, you'd always do things for me. When I was sad or angry. You always tried to cheer me up. Even if I was the worst person in the world."

Emily: "Because. Sometimes all people need is a small gesture for things to get better. And you were my best friend, I didn't want my best friend to suffer through anything. I wanted to protect you from anything or anyone."

Alison: "You've always protected me Em, for as long as I can remember. I always knew I could count on you."

Emily: "So then why did you always push me away?"

   I turned around and faced her.

Alison: "I don't know...but I'm ready to stop."

   I walked closer to her.

Alison: "I wanna do this together."

Emily: "What do you mean together?"

Alison: "I wanna be a family."

Emily: "A-Alison. I need to be clear about-"

Alison: "Over the years, I've been in so many failed relationships, and I always made excuses why...but I know the reason. Paige tried to get me to say it..but I didn't wanna say it to her."

Emily: "What did Paige-"

Alison: "I love you."

   I inched a little closer as I grabbed the beat from her hands and set it in the crib.

Alison: "You told me not to do this until I was ready."

Emily: "Do what?"

   I pushed the hair from her face and placed my hand on her cheek.

Alison: "This."

   I looked into her chocolate brown eyes as I leaned into her. She followed my movements and placed her hand on my cheek as well, pulling me closer. Our lips moved in sync and I smiled wide. This. This is what I've always wanted with Emily. I've never been happier as if right now. The kids was slow and passionate. I could feel all of my love and hers in this kiss. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulder and I was finally able to breathe again. We pulled away and Emily looked at me as she held my hands in hers.

Emily: "What does this mean?"

Alison: "Emily Catherine Fields..will you be my girlfriend?"

Emily: "Yes."

   Emily smiled and nodded as a tear fell from her eye. She pecked my lips one more time and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back but made sure to hold onto her tightly. Making sure I never lose the love of my life.