31

Emily's POV:
It's been a few days since the girls' party and all I could think about was Derek. I'm supposed to meet him at the Brew in a few minutes. Alison and the girls are with Hanna and Aria in Philadelphia. I told them to go until I knew Derek wasn't dangerous. I really don't want anyone hurting my girls. I sighed as I got ready and left.
   When I got to the brew I saw Derek sitting down sipping his drink. I sucked in a huge breath and made my way over to him. He stood up and put out his had for me. I lightly grabbed it and shook it. I sat down and got right to the point.

Emily: "You said you'd been watching us for a month or so. Why did you wait until the party to contact us?"

Derek: "I figured I'd blend in. You wouldn't question it. You'd think I was with someone else from the party. And you were so busy with the girls you didn't notice until my present was opened."

Emily: "How'd you find us?"

Derek: "That guy Archer. I was his friend for a long time. I knew he was a con artist. But when he wasn't conning people, he was a great guy. So I never said anything. But then he became weird when he found out I donated some sperm to a sperm bank. I needed some extra money because I was in debt and had nothing. He told me that he used my sperm to impregnate his fiancé or whatever. Alison DiLaurentis. I went to go turn him in and then I started to be threatened. After they locked him up, I went through his things that were left at my place. An old cell phone was there and I found Alison's and your address."

Emily: "That's umm..wow."

Derek: "I know what he did can never be forgiven and it's a burden to you and Alison b-"

Emily: "Lily and Grace aren't a burden to us. They're the best things to ever happen to me and Alison."

Derek: "Of course. I meant with all the pain he caused in the process. I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner."

Emily: "I can't say this is all because of you. But you played a role in it. Without you, Alison and I wouldn't have these two amazing girls."

   He smiled.

Emily: "Two amazing girls I would love for you to meet."

Derek: "Wait are you serious?"

Emily: "Absolutely. I know it's not gonna be easy for them to understand since they're young. So I don't want to tell them who you are exactly just yet."

Derek: "Yes of course. Oh my god. Thank you so much Emily."

Emily: "You don't have to thank me. Just please, don't make me regret this."

   We got up from our seats and I hugged him and left. When I got home I called Alison and told her everything. She was relieved he wasn't a threat to the family or anyone else. Alison said they were on their way home with the girls. We didn't live that far from Philadelphia so it would only be about an hour drive. I was very relieved and couldn't wait to see my loving family again.