27

Alison's POV:
   We were all at Aria's rehearsal dinner and it is fun. The place looked amazing and the food is delicious. I sat down with Emily, her mom, dad, and the other girls. They all walked off and i turned to Pam hinting her about the ring. She pulled it out of her purse and handed it to me. I held it in the palm of my hand and smiled at it. I placed it in my purse and then looked around trying to find Emily. When I found her,  she was already staring at me. And her mom. Hopefully, she didn't see it.

Emily's POV:
   I was talking to Toby when I looked over and saw my mom hand Alison something. Alison seemed to be happy about it and then she shoved it into her purse. What is it? They're keeping something from me because when our eyes met...she gulped. And looked away. She's so not getting out of this.

Alison's POV:
   Em and I had just gotten home after picking up the girls from the babysitters house. Emily put them down after we changed. She hasn't even said anything to me. She walked out and placed the girls' toys in a basket. Emily was wearing a long shirt that really exposed her legs. I looked her up and down..wait Alison. Stop. Be serious.

Alison: "Are they sleeping?"

Emily: "Yeah."

Alison: "You've barely said two words to me all night."

Emily: "That's..not..true."

Alison: "Well either you're entering a vegetative state, or you're pissed at me.."

Emily: "I saw you with my mom at the party. What were you whispering about?"

Alison: "I don't know. I mean it was pretty loud in there."

Emily: "You put something in your purse, what was it?"

Alison: "I don't know. Breath mints? I mean, your mom is pretty passive aggressive and there were onions on those sliders."

Emily: "My mom avoided me all night, what's going on?"

Alison: "Nothing."

Emily: "Ali we're not going to bed until you tell me what's in that purse."

Alison: "Remind me to never throw you a surprise party."

   I walked over to my bag and pulled out the tiny red box that held the ring. I opened it and handed it to her. Her eyes widened.

Emily: "This is my grandmother's ring."

Alison: "I had this whole romantic proposal planned that didn't include pug sweatshirt, but I guess I'll just wing it."

Emily: "You wanna propose to me?"

Alison: "Well, I'm still trying too. When I was at my most lonely and unhappy and angry place, you loved me. And when I was an ugly human being, you saw a beautiful soul. You make the world a better place, because you see the good in it. And you make me a better woman, because you searched for one. Do you promise to do that every day for the rest of our lives?"

   I had tears in my eyes and so did Emily. I took in a deep breath just before she answered.

Emily: "Yes."

   I placed the box down and placed the ring on her finger. We smiled as I pulled her in for a kiss. Before our lips touched I spoke.

Alison: "I love you."

Emily: "I love you too."

   Em's voice cracked as she started to cry. I pecked her lips and hugged her tightly. She cried into me as I held her and smiled. Emily Catherine Fields is mine..and soon it's going to be a forever thing.