24

Alison's POV:
Alison: "Em I don't know."

Emily: "How do you not know Alison!? You did it!"

Alison: "And so did you!"

Emily: "Okay. We can't be yelling at each other like this. It's not good for the baby."

Alison: "Okay."

Emily: "Last night, when we kissed. Did you kiss me because you didn't want me to leave or something else?"

Alison: "I don't know."

Emily: "Please don't kiss me again. Not until you know."

   Emily walked into the spare bedroom and shut the door. You're so dumb Alison. You're supposed to stop the fighting. She did that small gesture for you and then you mess it up. Like you always do. I groaned and left Emily a note that I was leaving and would be back soon.
   I was only going to the brew but I didn't want her to worry about me. When I got there, I ordered my coffee and sat down on the sofa. I sat my coffee down and picked up the newspaper and started to read it. A few minutes later I heard a familiar voice.

Person: "May I sit?"

   I looked up and saw the person I was dreading to see. Paige.

Alison: "Uh sure."

Paige: "Thanks."

   I faked a smile and began reading again. Until she stopped me.

Paige: "Look, I'm really sorry to bother you but I'm here on behalf of Emily. She didn't send me here but I kinda figured you'd be here since you weren't at the kissing rock. Emily told me about the kiss and how you've been fighting a lot. Alison, I've known you for awhile. And I've known Emily for awhile too. So let me ask..do you have feelings for her?"

Alison: "What?"

Paige: "Do you love her?"

Alison: "I am the last person you should ask about that."

Paige: "Maybe. But you're the only person that can answer that. You know Emily loves you. Maybe you've known all along and that scares you. Maybe that's what scared you and made you a horrible person...sorry. A person who's done terrible things."

Alison: "I was a terrible person. Sometimes I still am. That's why you can't ask me that...about Emily."

Paige: "You find it so hard to be honest with yourself. I guess you've had a lot of practice with that."

Alison: "Not really. People don't like the truth. The truth is slippery. You can't depend on it."

Paige: "Try it. Just for a minute."

Alison: "I know how I feel when she looks at me. I've never felt that with anyone before. It's like she sees who you really are. Maybe that's the scariest part. You look at her, you look at her eyes, and you wanna be worth the effort. You wanna be the person she sees."

   A few tears fell from my eyes. I wiped them away quickly and looked at Paige.

Paige: "Thank you for letting me sit."

   She stood up.

Paige: "And thanks for being honest with me. But, you need to be honest with HER too. I know it will be hard and scary, but she loves you so much. Don't let her walk away from you. Things will change, but for the better. And Alison...you're gonna have a beautiful baby."

   I stood up and hugged her. For once, Paige and I were getting along.

Alison: "Thank you Paige. I wish you the best at your new job. Take care."

Paige: "You too. Take care of Emily and that baby."

   I smiled as I sat back down. Paige was right. I had to tell Emily. Soon.