16

Alison's POV:
It's been a few days since the girls came back to Rosewood. They're leaving later today. Well except Emily, her mom asked her to stay to help them move houses. We're all at lunch together, getting ready to leave. They have to catch their flight soon. It's sad to see them leave honestly.
We were talking and Emily's phone went off.

Emily: "Oh, it's my mom. I have to take this."

She walked away from the table. I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I opened the door and saw Emily in the mirror. She was injecting something into her leg. I closed the door and walked back to my seat like nothing happened. I started to think. Is Emily on drugs? No. She can't be, not my Emily. There's no way. She came back to the table and sat down next to me. I looked over at her and looked over at her leg. I looked up at her and she smiled at me. I smiled weakly at her.
We each helped pay the bill and said our goodbyes. We all cried a bit and then laughed. They left and Emily and I got into my car as I started to drive her home. I looked over at her and took in a deep breath.

Alison: "I saw the needle Emily."

Emily: "W-what?"

Alison: "Em, if you're in trouble or addicted to something I can help y-"

Emily: "That's not what it is."

Alison: "Then what it is."

Emily: "I'm..I'm donating my eggs."

Alison: "What? Why?"

Emily: "Because. I want to help someone start a family."

Alison: "Em, that's really sweet of you. You're an amazing person for doing that. And are you sure you want to do this?"

Emily: "Yes. Of course."

Alison: "You're a brave person Em."

I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. I went to pull it away but her other hand grabbed it and she held it with two hands. I smiled as I felt the wave of butterflies flow threw me. I focused on driving and within a few minutes we were at her home. I walked Em to her door since I was parked further away do to construction on her road.

Emily: "Thanks for taking me home Ali."

Alison: "You don't have to thank me Em."

Emily: "But I do. The old Ali wouldn't have done this. I'm proud of you. And who you've become. Of course I loved the old Alison. With all of my heart. But this Ali, is taking over."

Alison: "Thanks Em. It means a lot to me."

We got to her front porch and we stood there.

Alison: "Let me know when you go into surgery. I'll be there for you."

Emily: "I will. But please don't tell the girls. My mom doesn't even know yet. I want her to know before the girls do."

Alison: "You have my word."

Emily: "Thanks."

She hugged me and I hugged her back. We pulled away and looked at each other. My hands were still on her waist and hers were still around my neck. I looked at her lips and then at her eyes. Em did the same as she leaned in slowly. I didn't move at all. Her lips touched mine lightly and I kissed her back. I moved one hand to her cheek. Her tongue rubbed against my bottom lip, I parted my lips as her tongue roamed my mouth. We pulled away when the door opened to reveal her mom. We said our goodbyes and I got back into my car. I smiled as I touched my lips.