20

Alison's POV:
   A month passed and I was still having  that nightmare about Elliot. But I was starting to think it wasn't a dream. More of the "dream" kept coming back to me. I remember hearing a conversation, but I don't know who was  talking. They were saying something about the operation was successful. And the other person said they were happy it was finally done. I began to think..if this is really a dream...I wouldn't find anything wrong with me. Like a scar or something.
   I checked all over my body for any scars. And none. Maybe I'm just going crazy. This is just a wild dream I had. Elliot and I would've had to have had sex. We just don't remember. I mean we did go party a few weeks ago. Maybe we were both really drunk. Yeah! That's it. Everything's fine. I'm fine. He's fine. And this baby will be fine. Elliot and I are going to be parents. I smiled at the thought of a little me or Elliot running around.
   I was broken from my thoughts when I heard a phone ringing. I walked towards it and saw Elliot's phone sitting on the desk. I grabbed it and answered it.

Alison: "Hello?"

Man: "Archer, I heard the good news. We'll be rich in no time. As soon as she finds out, she can sue the hospital and we'll get all the money."

Alison: "Who's Archer? Who's this? What're you talking about?"

   They hung up without another word. I unlocked his phone and went through any voicemails and emails. Even texts. One caught my eye.

Texts:

Unknown: "Are we all set?"

Elliot: "Of course. Alison has no idea."

Unknown: "Good. We need that money. But are you sure it was smart using Emily's eggs?"

Elliot: "Of course you idiot. It'll break Emily's heart. The more people get hurt, the better. Well, I mean all we want is the money. But people getting hurt is even better."

Unknown: "I don't know Archer. I mean what's done is done."

Elliot: "You're right. Best part is, she thinks the operation was just a dream."

Unknown: "Haha. What a little naive bitch."

Elliot: "I have to go. She just walked in the door."

End of texts.

   I felt the tears running down my face. This can't be true. I'm carrying Emily's baby. This isn't real. There's no fucking way. I picked up my phone and called her. Voicemail. That's when I heard the door open. I made sure to make it look like I never touched his phone and deleted the call. I exited my room and headed to the bathroom.

Elliot: "Alison? Babe?"

Alison: "Yeah?"

Elliot: "Have you seen my phone?"

Alison: "No. I'll be out in a second. I'll help you find it."

   I wiped my tears and walked out of the bathroom. I saw him in my room as he placed his phone in his pocket.

Alison: "Oh you found it."

Elliot: "Yeah. It was on the desk. I have to head to work but I'll see you tonight babe."

Alison: "Bye. I love you."

Elliot: "I love you too."

   I watched him drive away and called Emily again. She finally picked up.

Emily: "Hello?"

Alison: "Em. It's an emergency. Get over here now."

Emily: "Okay. I'm leaving now. Are you okay?"

Alison: "I don't know. Just please."

   I hung up and paced around the living room waiting for her. She ran into the house and looked at me.

Emily: "What's wrong?"

Alison: "This is gonna sound crazy but Em...i don't know how to say this. But, I'm pregnant-"

Emily: "I know."

Alison: "With your baby."

Emily: "Yeah you're right. That's crazy."

Alison: "Em. Hear me out. I heard Elliot's phone going off so I answered. A guy asked if everything was taken care of. When I said something they hung up. So I went through his phone. He was texting someone about us. He..he used your eggs to impregnate me. I know this is so crazy but it's true. I'd show you but he came home before I could do anything. I tried to call you but you didn't answer. Em. That dream I had about Elliot and the blinding lights. It was real. He even said so."

   By this time we were crying.

Alison: "This guy called him Archer. And was saying this was for money. They must've been planning this for a really long time."

Emily: "Are you gonna keep it?"

Alison: "I don't know. That's something we need to discuss."

Emily: "I want you too. But, this is your choice. I'll understand if you don't."

   Em helped me pack Elliot's things as I also called a locksmith to change the locks to my house. I left his things on the porch and I headed to Pam's with Emily. We stayed there for the night. Emily said she'd take me to police station in the morning. We sat in her old room just cuddling as we both cried. Why Emily? Why her, why me, why us?