18

Alison's POV:
I walked into my class and began my lesson shortly after the bell had rung. In the middle of my lesson, I felt sick. I excused myself quickly and ran to the bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and began to throw up. A student came in and asked if I was alright.

Alison: "Yeah. I'm okay. But I need you to tell the office to get a substitute teacher immediately. I'm heading home. Thank you Jessica."

Jessica: "No problem Miss.D."

After I was done throwing up, I went to the office to clock out of work and told them what happened. I've never had to leave work like this before.
I got home and laid down on the couch for a little. Around two o'clock I felt sick again and ran to the bathroom. The next few days the same thing happened. I decided it was time to go to the hospital. But I'd been vomiting a lot lately. I called Elliot and asked if he could take me, but he said he was in a meeting and could get out of it. Although I was mad, I understood. I called Emily and she said she was on her way.
A few minutes later Emily walked into the house and helped me to the car. I brought a small waste can just in case I needed it. She drove kinda fast to the hospital. We got into the building and checked me in. We waited about half an hour until they called my name.
I got up as Emily stayed behind. They took some blood and did the normal check ups. My temperature was normal. My heart was fine. I waited in the room for another half an hour and the doctor came back.

Doctor: "Well Alison, you're healthy as a horse and so is your baby."

Alison: "What?"

Doctor: "You didn't know?"

Alison: "Know what?"

Doctor: "You're pregnant. Congratulations."

Alison: "Thanks."

Doctor: "You've just been experiencing morning sickness."

Alison: "Oh alright. Thanks doctor."

   He finished my check up and let me go. I was confused because..well. Elliot and I hadn't had sex in months. Almost four. And I've never cheated on him. How is this possible? I walked out into the waiting room still feeling sick.

Emily: "How'd it go?"

Alison: "We'll talk about it in the car."

   I signed out and paid the out of pocket fee needed. We got into the car and Em looked at me.

Emily: "So?"

Alison: "I'm pregnant."

Emily: "Ali that's great. I'm so happy for you, congratulations."

Alison: "Thanks Em. Can't wait to tell Elliot."

   I faked smiled. I can't believe this. This has to be a dream. A sick dream.