43

Alison's POV:
Jenna and Lily have been spending a lot more time together. More than Lily and Grace have been, which is impossible because they live together. I know they're secretly together but I just wish Lily would open up and tell people. I can see it hurts Jenna to not be able to act on her feelings in the moment. That's exactly how Emily felt when I was still in the closet. But look at us now..we have an amazing family and love story. I want that for my girls, especially Lily. Being a girl is hard enough, let alone a lesbian. I don't want her to hide who she is and who she loves. I did that for years and I almost lost Emily. I also don't want Jenna to hurt the way Emily did. It used to drive Emily insane not being able to do anything simple with me.
I decided it was time for me to talk to Lily in private about this. I really don't want to because I don't like prying into her life or Grace's. They're old enough now to do things in their own, but like I said..I want her to be happy. And I know all of this lying and sneaking around isn't what either of them want.
When Lily got back home from dropping Jenna off at home I pulled her into her room and sat her down to talk.

Lily: "Oh no what did I do now?"

Alison: "Nothing baby, we just need to talk, that's all."

Lily: "Are you and mom pregnant?"

Alison: "What? No. Stop assuming and let me talk."

Lily: "Okay okay Im sorry."

Alison: "I know about Jenna."

Lily: "What about Jenna?"

Alison: "Baby, you don't have to lie to me. I see how you look at each other..you love one another."

Lily: "I do mom. More than anything. I know we're only sixteen but I can see myself with her for our whole lives. I love her so much."

Alison: "Then show it."

Lily: "I do."

Alison: "Not just in secrecy Lily. In public too, just not too much. Hold her hand, hug her, kiss her, anything."

Lily: "Why do you care so much?"

Alison: "Your mom and I went through this when we were your age. We loved each other then as much as we do now. But I wasn't out yet, so we kept everything on the down low. Even with our own best friends."

Lily: "You're telling me not even Hanna or Spencer knew?"

Alison: "Not even Hanna baby. But the point is, being kept a secret hurt your mom so much. We almost didn't end up where we are right now. I couldn't accept who I was even though I knew your mom was it for me. I hid her and our love from the world. It broke us so much to not be able to be together. I hate to say it but your mom was destroyed because of me. Don't let Jenna feel the same way mom did. Don't hide your feelings like I did. Be with her Lily. Be with her every damn second you can. You won't know how much you needed and wanted it and her until it's too late."

Lily had a tear rolling down her face at this point, I wiped it away.

Alison: "Why are you crying my love?"

Lily: "I don't want to lose her, mom. What if we come out and everything changes?"

Alison: "Everythig will change. You and her get to be happy and free. No lying or secrets. You can stop pretending to be people you're not. But your feelings for her stay the same and same thing vice versa."

Lily: "I love you mom. Thank you for opening my eyes. I'm ready to say it and show it. Out loud."

Alison: "I love you too honey. Don't forget that your mom and I will always support you. Now, tomorrow you better show and tell the world."

   Lily nodded her head and hugged me. I kissed the top of her head as I rubbed her back. I went down to the living room until dinner was done. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, Emily walked through the door.

Emily: "I'm home!"

   I giggled as I made my way to her.

Alison: "Hi baby."

Emily: "Hi there beautiful."

   Emily hugged me from the side and kissed all over my face and neck. I laughed as I lightly pushed her away. She pecked my lips and held onto me.

Alison: "Someone's awfully lovey-dovey today."

Emily: "I just missed you so much today."

Alison: "I missed you too babe. How was work?"

Emily: "It was good, but not as good as being home with you."

   I bit my lip lightly and then kissed her again.

Alison: "So I talked to Lily today.."

    I led Emily to the couch. We sat down and i held our hands in my lap.

Emily: "And?"

Alison: "She's gonna be open about their relationship."

Emily: "What changed her mind?"

Alison: "I told her our story. How hurt you were. How hurt we were. How we almost didn't end up right here. I think Jenna might be her Emily. Lily looks at her the way you used to and continue to look at me. They're in love."

Emily: "I'm thankful for our story baby. Every part of it."

Alison: "Me too my love. Me too."

   We sat back and I nuzzled into Emily. I played with her fingers as she used her other hand to order pizza for us. I lightly kissed her a few times and enjoyed her presence. After all of the years thinking I never deserved to be happy, to love, or to be loved, here I am with my wife in OUR home. Living an amazing life with OUR kids. I had everything I've ever wanted and more.