34

Alison's POV:
   It was the day that our girls were going to meet their biological father. I was nervous and scared that once they knew the truth they'd want to be with Derek and not us. What if they loved him more than Emily and I. I tried to shake my head of the idea. The girls love us just as much as we love them. They're young, but it's clear to see.
   Emily and I got the girls up and ready for the long day ahead of us. I made everyone breakfast and Em helped me clean up. After all of that, we headed to the park. I wanted to go there just in case Derek tried anything, after all he and Archer were friends. Emily and I waited about two hours and still no word from Derek. It kind of broke my heart that he bailed. The girls had no idea but Emily and I did. Why would he go through all of this trouble and not show?

Alison: "When I see him I'm gonna rip his hea-"

Emily: "No Ali, you won't."

Alison: "I won't. I'm just mad. How can he make such a big deal of this and then not show up?"

Emily: "I don't know my love. But, we'll find out eventually. I'll text him, okay?"

Alison: "Okay."

Text: "Hey Derek it's Emily, we were supposed to meet at the park two hours ago. Are you alright?"

Derek: "Yeah I'm fine. I just got to thinking...you and Alison built a wonderful life with two amazing little girls. I don't want to come in and ruin that for you. If I was meant to meet them, it would be easier than this situation. Maybe in another life I was meant to have beautiful girls like them. I'm sorry for wasting yours and Alison's time. But thank you for taking a chance on me, I truly appreciate it. Have a good life and take care of those three precious blondes who adore you so much. Take care."

   Emily handed me her phone with a tear rolling down her face. I looked up at her and smiled as I leaned into her body.

Alison: "I guess he really is a good guy after all. I hope he gets the best in life."

Emily: "Me too."

   I pecked Emily's lips and we watched as our girls played with the other kids at the park. They could spend all day here and so could I. My family truly means the most to me and I couldn't be happier.