6

Emily's POV:
I've started going on more dates with Ben hoping whatever I'm feeling for Ali would go away. They didn't, it only grew. I was at Ali's right now. We were sitting in her room and she was painting my toes with light blue nail polish. I started moving my feet and giggling.

Alison: "Stop moving!"

Emily: "I can't help it. It tickles."

Alison: "Get over it."

She said with a smile. She continued painting my nails.

Alison: "Other foot."

I switched to my other foot and watched as she glanced up at me and smiled.

Alison: "You need to break up with Ben."

Emily: "What? Why?"

Alison: "Because you deserve better."

Yeah. You Ali.

Emily: "Ben's really nice."

Alison: "Please. Mushy squash."

Emily: "He's not that bad."

Alison: "That's what's left on the table after everyone's made their choices. If you don't decide on what to do that's what you're left with. Stick to what you're good at Em."

I smiled thinking about what she said. Made me think about dating Alison. How happy I'd be. And how happy we would be. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Ali started talking.

Alison: "Em? Hello? Earth to Emily?"

Emily: "Yeah?"

Alison: "What're you thinking about?"

Emily: "Nothing."

Alison: "Emily. I know you. What's wrong?"

Emily: "Just thinking."

Alison: "About breaking up with Ben?"

Emily: "No..well kinda."

Alison: "Emily. I wasn't being all that serious. If you do love Ben, then stay with him. I want you happy Emily."

I smiled at her words. Ali wasn't the person to wish for someone else's well being. I can see her starting to change before my eyes. And I know it's because of me. She's even told me. I love how open she is with me.
   Ali and I spent the day watching movies and talking about school. While all that was going on, I still thought about what Ali said.

Alison's POV:
   I only said what I did to help Emily come to terms with who she is. And what she wants. I can't tell if I like Emily. Or if it's the fact that she's so nice to me. I need to push whatever I feel for her aside. It's probably nothing anyways.