29

3 Years Later...
Emily's POV:
   Lily and Grace are turning four today. Ali and I couldn't be more excited. We're having their party at our house and everyone is invited. Hanna came over super early to help set up. She mad Spencer and Aria come too; they weren't very happy with her. I finally rolled out of bed around noon to help Alison get the girls ready for their party. We gave them a bath together to save time..it was a very bad idea. Lily and Grace wouldn't stop laughing and splashng the water all over each other and us. It was heart warming, but very messy.
   After Ali and I got them out of the tub, we did their hair and got them dressed. When that was done we told them they could go play. They ran away screaming and laughing.

Alison: "You do know that room is going to be totally trashed, right?"

Emily: "Without a doubt."

   We laughed and went back to the bathroom to clean up all the water and bubbles off of the floor. After that was done, Ali and I got in the shower. I got out and got dressed as Alison was still showering. I swear that woman takes forever to do anything. I walked into the girls' play room expecting to see everything a mess. No, that wasn't it. The room was spotless and Lily and Grace were onthe floor doing a puzzle together.

Emily: "Girls, can we clean up please? Everyone is gonna be here for your party soon."

Lily: "Can you help us finish it? Pleaseeeeee. We only have ten more pieces."

Emily: "Okay okay."

Alison: "Can mommy help?"

Grace: "YESSS!"

   I laughed as Ali sat down next to me. We finished the puzzle about five minutes later. The girls helped us clean up the puzzle and put it back on their shelf. Ali and I raced them down the stairs to the back yard. We totally let them win.

Alison: "I can't believe our girls are turning four already. It really seems like just yesterday they were born."

Emily: "I know, it's crazy how fast four years can go."

Hanna: "Hey baby!"

Alison: "I'm sorry, but that's my baby."

Emily: "HANNA BANANA! MY BABY!!!!"

Alison: "I'm surrounded by children. All the time."

   I laughed as Hanna held me while giving me kisses all over my face. I pushed her away and wiped my face off.

Hanna: "Hey! Come check out the back yard."

   We all walked outside to see the yard filled with balloons, streamers, and a swingset Toby built. Lily and Grace were already playing on it.

Emily: "This looks amazing! Thank you guys for everything."

Aria: "It was actually really fun. We all messed up a lot, but we finally got it. Hanna fell a few times, which was really funny."

Spencer: "Yeah, it was quite the show."

Hanna: "Tell that to my ass."

Alison: "Oh shut up. You're not really hurt or dead."

Hanna: "True."

Emily: "So when are the boy toys supposed to be coming."

Ezra: "Boy toy? Ouch Emily. That hurt."

   I laughed as the boys came over and hugged us.

Ezra: "Aren't you like a cougar? You're how much older than Ali?"

Alison: "Umm a year. How old are you compared to Aria?"

Aria: "How many times have I told you to not mess with them? Now look what you did."

Toby: "C'mon Ezra. Say you're sorry."

Ezra: "Okay. I'm sorry."

Caleb: "Good boy."

Hanna: "Oh my god..I hate this frined group."

   We laughed at Hanna's comment and went to play around with the girls for a second. Alison and I thanked Toby for building them the swingset. He said he a lot of fun doing it, especially since Spencer helped. Around two, almost everyone had shown up. All of Lily and Grace's friends were running around with them. The adults were sitting around tables talking and laughing. It was a really great time. After the cake, we opened gifts. Lily and Grace both opened one, but we didn't know who it was from. We stepped away from the party for a second to talk about who it could be. We didn't know a Derek.

Alison: "Could it be one of the mom's boyfriends or husbands?"

Emily: "I don't think so. I have never heard the name Derek before in the time we've known them."

Person: "I'm Derek."

   Ali and I turned our heads to see a tall man with brown eyes and light brown hair. He was muscular and yet a little chubby. He smiled at us as we stared at him in confusion.

Emily: "And who are you exactly?"

Alison: "Yeah. We've never heard of you before."

Derek: "I'm Lily and Grace's father."