Jail

Tyler was to their old place in minutes. Sam was at the front door pounding on it. It was thankfully still empty. Tyler came up behind him his arms crossed. He cleared his throat causing the other man to turn around.

"This doesn't involve you!" Sam screamed while pointing the knife at him. Tyler knew better than to chuckle at his words. He also knew that Sam was drunk.

"You need to leave." Tyler said firmly. Sam chuckled at the other mans words. He moved closer to Tyler.

"Not until I see her." The alcohol smell coming from him was strong.

"You're never going to see her." Tyler said firmly. Sam swung at him and Tyler moved out of the way. Sam let out a maniacal chuckle. That's when Tyler heard it. There were sirens coming their way.

The second the police stepped out of the car Sam grabbed Tyler and put the knife he had to Tyler's neck. This wasn't the first time it had happened to Tyler.

The first was one night when he was working late in the Emergency room. A child came in he was fine besides the fact that he was having a panic attack. One of his coworkers misdiagnosed the illness and the child quickly deteriorated.

The child's father lost it.

He grabbed Tyler who had been helping someone else. The police tried to talk him down for hours. It didn't help one bit.

When he watched his child die he snapped. He was about to cut Tyler's jugular when the police shot him.

After that Tyler made a vow to learn how to defend himself in that kind of situation. Right now all he was thinking was that it was a good thing he did. He knew there was no talking Sam down. But he also knew if he didn't do something the man behind him would be killed. He couldn't let that happen. Sam needed to be behind bars not in the ground.

Tyler grabbed his wrist and pulled it away from his neck. Once it was away Sam was flipped over his shoulder and onto his back. The blade was still in Sams hand. He swung but it only grazed Tyler's stomach.

By this time the police were on Sam and the knife was taken care of. Tyler was directed to an ambulance who cleaned him up. They asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital but he shook his head. The police took his statement and told him they would handle it properly. It was recorded all that happened in the past and would more than likely incriminate Sam.

Tyler went back to his car and drove the short drive back to Jade and his shared house. Before he got back he stopped at a toy store. When he went through the door he was met by an angry Jade. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was glaring at him. Her eyes moved along his body checking him over. That's when she saw that his shirt had a long slash through it.

"What the fuck did you do?" She said trying to keep her volume in check. She knew Perrie, Jesy, Leigh and Karl were in the other room. Tyler looked to the ground and sighed while scratching the back of his neck.

"He's going to jail." He said quietly. Jade moved closer to him and lifted his chin. The anger was still in her eyes.

"You could have let anyone else take care of it." She said her voice lowering. "I need you. Karl needs you. You can't go off and do stupid shit like that. What would happen if you got hurt? Or even killed?" She cupped his face gently and softened her voice. "Please baba. Next time let the police handle it. I can't lose you." She said the last part quietly. Tyler nodded before Jade connected their lips in a short and sweet kiss.

"I'm sorry Jadey." He said softly while pulling her into a tight hug. Jade pulled away when she heard the crinkle of a bandage. Jade hit his arm hard. "It's just a scratch." He said softly.

"Just promise me one thing." She said softly. He nodded indicating for her to continue. "Promise me you'll never do it again." Tyler nodded before pressing his lips to her forehead. "I love you Ty."

"I love you too baba." He said while burying his nose into her hair. Jade tightly wrapped him in a hug.

"Go change your shirt and then go see your son. By that time you have better had come up with a good story." Tyler chuckled before reaching into his back pocket. He pulled out a new toy car. Jade chuckled knowing it had been the one Karl has wanted for awhile. Every time they went to the store it was out of stock. "He's going to love you." Tyler chuckled while nodding.

Jade grabbed the toy from his hand while Tyler discreetly made his way upstairs. The girls who were on the couch noticed the cut in his shirt while Karl was distracted by the toy. When Tyler was up the stairs he threw his shirt in the garbage and slipped a new shirt on.

When he got downstairs the girls had informed him that they got takeaway. Tyler went to sit in his normal spot and Perrie who had been in it cuddled gently into him.

"You should get that cut cleaned up." He told her softly. Perrie nodded but Tyler knew it would be later. Her eyes were drifting shut. Before she fell into a deep slumber she quietly said.

"Don't ever do that again."