Fear

The next morning the pair was woken up to Karl crawling between them. Jade kissed the top of his head gently as he cuddled into her. Tyler's hand slowly moved down Jade's side.

"Be careful baba, mums a little sore." The small body nodded at his fathers words. When Jade felt the bed shift behind her she turned her head. It was in that moment she realized she had completely forgotten about her mum.

"Sorry mam." Jade said with a smile. Norma shook her head.

"No need to be sorry love, you been through hell." She stayed with a chuckle causing Jade to laugh lightly. "Now where are my two grand babies." Tyler carefully wiggled from the bed.

"The nurse said we could get them anytime we want. So if you'd like we can get them now." Norma pulled him into a light hug before nodding.

"I would love that." She replied with a smile. As they walked down the hall neither one could stop the smiles growing on their faces. Once they got to the nursery they were greeted by Dr. Rhee. She was 'checking' on the babies.

"Can't get enough of them?" Tyler joked. The doctor turned around her cheeks bright red. "I don't blame you." He said with a smile. Both her and Norma started laughing. Tyler gently cradled his daughter as the two women fawned over the baby boy right next to her.

"The girls are right he does have your eyes." Norma said with a smile. Tyler chuckled before the doctor excused herself and Norma grabbed her grandson.

By the time the two had gotten back to the room the two on the bed were asleep. They went to sit next to the bed their attentions focused on the babies in front of them. When Tyler moved to sit on the edge of the bed Norma stopped him.

"You sit there you'll wake them up." He chuckled at her words before moving to sit next to her. The older woman looked between the two newborns. "Gosh I missed babies." She said with a smile causing Tyler to chuckle lightly.

"So did I Norma." She hit him in the shoulder lightly.

"Call me mam. I mean you are marrying my daughter and gave me three wonderful grandchildren." He chuckled lightly and nodded.

"Okay mam." He said with a smile causing the older woman to smile. She kissed his cheek like any mother would do.

"There you go son." She said while bumping him again. A smile on arose on Jades sleepy face having witnessed the conversation. When Tyler's eyes met hers he knew exactly what she wanted. No what she needed. He carefully stood up before placing their daughter in her arms. "Now what are their names?" Norma asked the pair.

Tyler moved to sit gently next to Jade as he helped her sit up slightly. They exchanged a look before Jade began.

"We haven't decided yet mam." Norma looked at the utterly concerned. "We wanted to wait until we know what they are like. I just wouldn't feel right giving either one of them a name without it fitting properly." Her mother nodded at her a smile on her face.

"That's a wonderful idea lovelies." She said before Karl moved and pressed himself into Tyler who adjusted him so his head was on his fathers shoulder. "I don't think he slept last night. I tried to get him down but after the car ride he wouldn't sleep." Both of them chuckled.

"That doesn't even surprise me." Tyler replied to her before Karl covered the older mans lips with his hand to shut him up.

"Like mother, like son." Norma said through a chuckle causing both of them to laugh. Jade very slowly swung her legs over the edge of the bed. As she did this Tyler wrapped an arm around her body steadying her as she leaned against him.

Her fingers gently caressed Karl's leg causing him to release a long sigh. When a doctor they hadn't known walked in the pair on the bed exchanged a look. He began to draw circles on her hip clearly indicating to her that he was nervous.

"Hello. I came to consult with doctor Rhee about your daughter." Tyler visibly tensed. Jade did internally. They both knew this couldn't be good. "She called me to discuss a possible murmur that may need surgery to correct." As the doctor came closer the small infant was passed to him.

Tyler did his best to squeeze her side with his shaking hand. Her hand was placed on his thigh as if to steady herself. Norma watched quietly as the doctor examined her granddaughter. When a somber look crossed his face they all knew what was to come.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems as if her heart murmur is too large to let it try to heal on its own. Surgery is the only option." Jade looked up at Tyler who was at a loss for words. "If you'd like we can either schedule the surgery today or I can give you some time to think about it." She nudged her fiancé slightly.

"W-we should do it." He stuttered out. The doctor nodded before handing Jade back her daughter and exiting presumably to schedule the surgery. His eyes moved to stare at the infant fear coating his vision.

She moved her gaze to his before speaking confidently. Or a confident as she could.

"She will be alright."

AN-Check our my new book Royals. I think y'all will like it.