Brains

Jade was pacing Winter rocking in her arms. Leigh caught her arm pulling her down next to her. The brunette huffed leaning her head against her best friend. Her leg started to shake. The doctors hadn't told her anything in over an hour.

"Jadey relax." Jesy said while crouching in front of her. "You know he's not going anywhere." She said softly. A doctor came out before pulling Jade aside.

"Ms. Thirlwall correct?" The brunette nodded at the gruff doctor in front of her. "It appears that your fiancé has a brain aneurysm that burst. It is the reason for his headaches and outbursts. Right now there is blood leaking from a vein in his brain and we need to do surgery to correct it. We just need your permission." She took a sharp breath in. It was like he had punched her in the stomach. "There are risks-." She stopped him.

"Are the risks worse if I say no?" The doctor nodded. "Then just please do whatever you have to do." The doctor nodded and thanked her before leaving. She shakily walked back to the group.

Her knees wobbled as Jesy quickly took the baby from her arms. Perrie was the one to catch Jade. Holding her up before taking her to a chair.

"What happened baba?" Norma asked softly moving closer to her daughter. Karl came over his arms wrapping around Jade's neck. Her arms wrapped around his midsection as she cried into his shoulder. He was whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

"He's having surgery on his brain isn't he?" Perrie asked quietly. Jade nodded a sob escaping her lips. She pulled Karl into her lap holding him tightly. He kissed her cheek gently.

"It'll be ok mam." He said quietly.

It was hours later that she would finally get news. All but Perrie and her remained. They were taken to a private room by the doctor Jade had met previously.

"Tyler is fine." He began. "Though there were some complications and we will know know how they have affected him until he wakes. We unfortunately couldn't find the bleed as fast as we though we could which caused him to be under longer than we wanted. With this there is a risk for brain damage again we will not know until he wakes up. Right now he is on a ventilator to help him breath. We hope he will not be dependent on it as the brain scan did show no damage to that area of the brain. If you would like we can bring you to see him."

Jade didn't even hesitate. She nodded as they all stood. They walked down a long hall before ending up in the intensive care unit. Tyler was hooked up to more machines that she thought was ever possible. Every so often his chest would rise a puff of air sounding with it.

"A nurse will be around ever five minutes to check on him. If he does however wake up while a nurse is gone please find someone. We do however expect him to be asleep for a few more hours." Both girls nodded before the doctor left. They each took a side of Tyler. They each held one of his hands.

Jade clutched his hand tightly as if he would disappear if she wasn't holding onto him. Soon after Perrie was asleep her hand intertwined with Tyler's. He was like a brother to her. Nothing would change that.

The brunettes eyes scanned his body. He had a wrap around his now shaved head. A tube ran into his mouth. He looked peaceful but not in a good way. He looked as if he was in a coma.

She fell asleep as she quietly cried. The two girls were jolted awake by the sound of choking. Perrie bolted up and into the hallway looking for anyone that could help. Jade moved to the edge of the bed and cupped Tyler's face gently making him look at her.

"Relax love. It'll be alright." She said softly. She could hear his heartbeat rapidly increasing. When the doctor came in he quickly moved towards Tyler who was straining his face turning red.

"I going to take the tube out. Nod if you understand." Without hesitation Tyler nodded. "You may not want to watch." The doctor said to the two girls. They both turned their hands gently holding Tyler's. He squeezed their hands tightly as sickly choking sounds were heard before he started couching. "What's your name son?"

"Tyler." He choked out. "The brunette is Jade, the blonde is Perrie. I'm in a hospital probably having something to do with the headache I had." The doctor started laughing.

"Never fails that a doctor does that after surgery. By the looks of it everything seems alright. I'll have a nurse come check on you just to make sure everything seems alright." He said before leaving.

"You both should go home and sleep." Tyler said his voice hoarse. They both shook their heads.

"We're not going anywhere." Perrie answered for the both of them. He shook his head slowly. When his eyes met Jade's tears welled up in them.

"Come 'ere." He said quietly while gently pulling on her hand. She shook her head causing him to pout. "Please." He begged her. She shook her head again. "You're not going to break me." Throughout their one sided conversation Perrie was falling asleep. When the blondes head hit the bed they both started to quietly laugh. "Please Jadey. I just wanna cuddle."

She sighed lightly before moving to lay on her side next to him. Her head rest along his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"Please don't ever do that again. I can't lose you."